Need advice on upgrading mach1 suspension

jranaudo

Mar 6, 2009
I would like to upgrade my 04 mach1 suspension but don't really know where to start. My concern is that a cars suspension is so dependent on the multiple components an requires tuning as well.

I only want to go as far as springs,struts,braces and subframe connectors. I don't want to convert to coil over or independent suspension.

If I buy a spring and strut package is it tuned for my particular car?

Can anyone recommend a proven setup they have? struts, springs, roll bars, etc.

Should I just find a local shop experienced in doing this on mustangs? I am in northern NJ.

Any opinions would be greatly recommended.

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't started my suspension upgrades either, but the very first thing I intend to do is full length weld in SFC's. I haven't heard anything bad from the major manufacturers and quite frankly SFC's are hard to screw up. I'm probably gonna buy from Maximum Motorsports myself. For any frame welding I'd probably look for a local speed shop that has a reputation for doing that kind of work.

I don't know how far north you are in NJ but give a friend of mine a try down here in Glassboro, NJ near Rowan university. Ask for Kris, owner of All out Automotive - 856-881-7870. They perform installs on all the products they sell and have great prices. He is the only guy I trust when it comes to my speed parts.