Need bodywork done in North Alabama

First off, would like to introduce myself. My name is Ian and I've been a frequent visitor to this site for about a year or so. Have learned a lot more about Mustangs since I've been here. I'm 20 and have a 66 mustang fastback. I-6 with a C4 auto. I plan on doing the I6 to V8 conversion to my car, but first need to get my bodywork done.

I'm looking for anyone in North Alabama that knows of a good place to take my car to get floor pans and cowl vents repaired. I've got the sheetmetal to replace them and am willing to help with the work if I can. Already have my interior removed except the dash and drivers seat. If there's anyone out there that knows of a good bodyman or a good shop to take it to, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Ian
(I wasn't sure if I needed to post this here in classics or in Southeast. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area.) :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Ian, Welcome. First and foremost look at their work, attend local shows and talk to club members in the area. Huntsville has a couple of clubs. Stay away from Steve's Mustangs in Huntsville if they are still in business. He screwed up my car something awful and took me for thousands.

There is a guy that did work some time ago out of a small garage off Hwy 72 on a road between Huntsville and Madison. Name was Eddie Semovoles (sp). Eddie was fair, honest, and a craftsman of the old school. He would only do a paint job if he could take the car down to the metal. I saw some of his work and it was good, so good that a few of his cars were on magazine covers. If he's still going, he's worth talking to. Hope that helps.

The work you are asking to be done runs about $2500 or so. I dont know if you knew that or not. I have a guy here in SOuthern GA that would do it. Take him about two weeks and is much cheaper. Might be worth the trip. Send me a Private Message if you are intersted.

thanks for the replies. I have heard of Steve's Mustangs. I actually live about 8 or so miles away from him. He's out of business now and nobody has heard from him since. I'll try looking up Eddie and will talk to some other stangers I know about a good bodyshop. Allcarfan, thanks for the offer. I'm not sure if I would be able to get it down there without spending a lot of money hauling it. I'll keep you in mind though if nothing works out up here.

I think the guy you're speaking of is on Capshaw rd close to Jeff rd (its next to a daycare). I had him do some floor pans for me once. He stopped working on another car so he could do them before I left that next weekend for basic training. We paid him a little extra, too. I've heard good things about his work.