need clutch replaced in south metro ATL

Kraw

Nail On The Head El Moderatoro
Founding Member
I think the clutch/tb/pp is finally ready to be replaced (67k miles, wife's first standard) Lots ot ticking/vibration.

Anyone know of a good place to get this done, specifically in the Newnan/PTC/Fayetteville area? I asked the dealer a few months ago, and they said it's about 900-950 bux.

2001 Mustang GT

what's a good price for install? I assume the parts are only about $200. Should I go with the dealer, since they'll have a warranty on it. I don't know anyone here, so I'm in the dark

• Sponsors (?)

900 is waay too high for parts and labor.

For a stock replacement go to an autoparts store and pickup the OEM clutch from 125-175, ask around and find some prices either at some speed shops or well thought of mechanics, mine did my car for 250 for labor plus 115 for the Parts.

Or just go aftermarket for a little bit more and make sure the clutch doesnt die again in the cars lifetime.

I think the clutch/tb/pp is finally ready to be replaced (67k miles, wife's first standard) Lots ot ticking/vibration.

Anyone know of a good place to get this done, specifically in the Newnan/PTC/Fayetteville area? I asked the dealer a few months ago, and they said it's about 900-950 bux.

2001 Mustang GT

what's a good price for install? I assume the parts are only about $200. Should I go with the dealer, since they'll have a warranty on it. I don't know anyone here, so I'm in the dark

PMed you with the phone # and address for this place.
SHIFTWORKS INC. Transmissions Parts and Supplies

someone else mentioned MP.. I didn't think they did clutches. Has anyone used them for this? That's more then likely the route I will take, as I would rather someone that appreciates Mustangs work on it. It seems that the Ford dealer always finds a way to put a new scratch on the car :mad:

someone else mentioned MP.. I didn't think they did clutches. Has anyone used them for this? That's more then likely the route I will take, as I would rather someone that appreciates Mustangs work on it. It seems that the Ford dealer always finds a way to put a new scratch on the car :mad:
Yes, they do. They pretty much do everything that can be done to modular motor Mustangs. Go to www.modularpowerhouse.com and give Rhonda a call.

Yes, they do. They pretty much do everything that can be done to modular motor Mustangs. Go to www.modularpowerhouse.com and give Rhonda a call.

x2 on what fitz said. they'll treat your car like it was their own that they were working on. aside from myself, they are the ONLY people that i trust to work on my car

well, I'm from Pitkin, so I've been there and done that ;)

I sent MPH a email. Looks like I'll be going there. Luckily, one of my buds lives about 4 miles from their place, so I have somewhere to hang out.

How long does a clutch change take? 3 or 4 hrs?