Need Egr Help Trickflow Was Worthless

knarf

Apr 24, 2010
nj
Posted before on this issue but got nowhere. I'm in ca and I fail the egr manual test (they apply vac to egr valve at idle and want the engine to stall). Mine only drops a few rpm. I get both vac and exhaust flow at the egr valve. The valve is absolutely working. I figured I wasn't getting enough ex gas flow to the valve and called trick flow to find out where the heads pick up the ex for the egr. The guy told me it was the small holes in the top of the ex ports. Well after much messing around I've learned that's not true and the tfs tw 185 cnc heads have a passage from the egr port at the intake to a hole at the back of the ex port for no2 cylinder.
The passageway through the intake is completely clear and

• Sponsors (?)

Posted before on this issue but got nowhere. I'm in ca and I fail the egr manual test (they apply vac to egr valve at idle and want the engine to stall). Mine only drops a few rpm. I get both vac and exhaust flow at the egr valve. The valve is absolutely working. I figured I wasn't getting enough ex gas flow to the valve and called trick flow to find out where the heads pick up the ex for the egr. The guy told me it was the small holes in the top of the ex ports. Well after much messing around I've learned that's not true and the tfs tw 185 cnc heads have a passage from the egr port at the intake to a hole at the back of the ex port for no2 cylinder.
The passageway through the intake to the egr valve is completely clear.
I can run a 1/4 in zip tie from the hole in the lower intake and it comes out no 2 ex port. I can also blow compressed air through the same passageway and seem to get plenty flow.
I'm thinking of trying to enlarge the egr passage in the head but worry about getting into who knows what other passageway in the head.

The car will run but just barely with the egr valve removed.

I'm also running very lean right now to get through smog.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this car to stall when they check the egr?
I'm at a loss Ive had the intakes and header off twice already and still can't get this thing to stall

Was thinking of that just can't come up with how to do it. They pull the vac line off the egr valve and apply vac directly to the valve so the only thing that sees vac during the test is the valve.

I wouldn't enlarge the EGR passage in he head. Might get close to a coolant jacket and damage something.

Honestly, i'd prob rig a remote relay somewhere to kill the car when they apply vacuum. This just seems like a silly test that CA performs and you are really going nuts to make the car pass. They want to see the car stall when EGR is applied...so I'd find a nice way to do that remotely if I can stand near the tech and see when to do that.