Need help/advice on running fuel injection wiring in my 1966 coupe

Lst1stndng

Nov 25, 2001
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone, I have a 1966 coupe that I am putting a 1989 GT motor into with the fuel injection harness. I am a little afraid to do the wiring. I have wired the car with the original harness, but need any advice you guys can give on splicing in the 1989 harness. I believe I have all the components needed ( i.e. main harness, computer, maf, HEGO harness, O2 sensors and bungs installed, cold air kit for maf, and fuel pump). I also have the haynes and chiltons manuals for both cars. I am comfortable doing the wiring, but this is a lot more wires than I am used to.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

The fordfuelinjection site has wiring diagrams and shows how to fool the computer into thinking a sensor is there when it is not.

I have EFI in my 66, this kit, http://www.mass-floefi.com/index.html there are some photos on my Cardomain site that show how mine is installed. If you have a fax, I can send you a copy of a diagram for a support bracket for the computer. It mounts to the lowest bolt of the right side wiper pivot, and two screws thru the firewall.

I just remembered there is an article on the Mustangplus website regarding an install they did, it is like the one you intend to do.

Good luck.

Everyone, Thank you for the information. I have been researching this for a long while, but have not talked to very many who have actually done this. I am trying to gathe information about pitfalls I may run into. I have 10 days to get this car running for a show on the 24th.

66hertzclone and hsr,

Thank you both for the diagram it will help immensely.

Keep the info flowing and when I am done I will post pics of my not-so-handy work.

Dave:bang: