Need help, blowin fuses...& PATS

BLAK_SunshineGT

Apr 17, 2010
Hey all, cant figure out whats wrong with the GT...Theft light blinks, so I know it might be a PATS issue, except the MAXI 13 fuse keeps blowing...any suggestions, reset the IFS, no luck...hoping its not the fuel pump:shrug:
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I give up. What MY?

OBTW, the theft light is supposed to blink once every 3 seconds (slow blink). The theft light should go out after a 3 second "prove out" when the key is turned to "run". What is your theft light doing? post.

Nah, not the usual, "help, my theft light is blinking" I was layin some drags, and then all the sudden it dies, & theft light blinks rapidly, wont start, & we had to pull it in home...so, the fuel pump is def. not working for some reason, & Im tryin all the tricks before I go through the hell of looking for wires that are burnt up, & possibly pulling the gas tank, & fuel pump. Hopin' maybe its just the PATS crap. & I wont need to drop some cash on something like a new key. The MAXI 13 fuse IS burnt up tho, & keeps blowin fuses, when I put in new one...may be looking @ new fuel pump
THANKS!! Much appreciation...oh yeah, 97' GT 4.6 juiced, ect

Is fuse 13 supposedly for the fuel pump? Not sure about 97's but for my 98 the manual was wrong, Said it was the fuel pump fuse I was blowing but it was actually the eec fuse, same symptoms though, car wouldnt do anything and had a flashing theft light. Was a chaffed/shorted wire on the engine harness, (to an injector).

Is fuse 13 supposedly for the fuel pump? Not sure about 97's but for my 98 the manual was wrong, Said it was the fuel pump fuse I was blowing but it was actually the eec fuse, same symptoms though, car wouldnt do anything and had a flashing theft light. Was a chaffed/shorted wire on the engine harness, (to an injector).

+1 Same thing happened to me. Turned out to be a shorted wire on one of the rear o2 sims.