Need Help FAST Brake Issues!!!

Hey Guys,

I need help BAD!

I just changed the rotors, pads, and installed an SLP line lock and braided lines.

I CANNOT get the brake pedal to firm up. I used a power bleeder and removed and the air and just clean fluid with no air bubbles came out.

Pedal went right to the floor.

I did it the old school method with my friends and I am not getting air at all at any corner.

I went around to each corner (RR, LR, RF, LF) several times. The pedal has firmed up but still goes to the floor.

I have checked EVERY connection several times and have not found a leak at any of them.

Anyone know what I am missing?

• Sponsors (?)

SilverGTV8 said:
I can't get those to to loosen up. I am afraid to round them off!

You think that is the problem?
could be, after i did a spring installl i had to remove the caliper and needed to bleed the system. ABS on the car i just bleed the brakes and it was still spongy as hell until i bled the master cyl

If you use a flare nut wrench you will be able to loosen up the master cylinder bleeders. The right tool makes all the diff. You need a flare nut wrench for this.

I used the power bleeder and went through 2 quarts of brake fluid but I could not get any pedal feel. I got pissed and broke it. Then I used the 2 man bleeding method and it worked perfect. I did not even finish a pint of brake fluid :nice:

tomustang said:
you bleed the master cylindar?

So I read this thread a little earlier and it got me to thinking. I did the Bullitt brakes last weekend and hadn't really touched the car since then. My brakes were better but not what I had expected. After reading this i went out in the garage for about 10 minutes and bled the master cylinder.....OMG! That thing will darn near throw ya thru the windshield! Now I know I need new suspension (it nose dives like crazy ). Great advice :nice:

I do have a flare wrench. Thank you.:p

I tried to loosen them before I posted. They wouldn't BUGE!

I went out after Tom responed and they took almost no effort to open. My friends couldn't believe it, nor could I.

The pedal is harder, but I think it could still be made harder. I am going to let the car sit and try and bleed them again tomorrow evening with my GF.

I drove the car and did the pad setting but the pedal felt soft after the 6 or 7 high speed slows and it also seemed soft after the car cooled.

I am sure I still have some air in the system some where. But I have some new brake fluid coming tomorrow anyways (put crappy stuff in to clean it out) and will be purging the system again anyways.

Thanks again for your help guys.:D

There are two bleeders on the side of the cylinder.

I did the front one, then did the back one.

The pedal got instantly harder my friend said (he was running the pedal) right when I started to bleed that cylinder.

It is much better and can be driven. I was able to get the ABS to kick on before I pulled back in my driveway.

It's okay but not what I want/expected. I think I might have notion that it should be stiffer with the braided lines which may not be as much of a change as I expected.

Bleeding it again tomorrow night so no biggie.

Drove the car to day. Under normal braking the pedal was travling really far. Farther then I woud like and had very little feel. I had ordered a couple of cans of ATE super blue earlier and planned on swapping when it came in.

Lucky me it came in tonight. I had my GF help me bleed the system, took less then an hour start to finish and the pedal is perfect :D Stops solid just before the gas pedal (I have done the pedal lift mod) and it feels nice.

Thanks again for you help guys.:SNSign: