Need help finding a pic of a classic with 1998 Cobra wheels?

65nProgress

Jul 27, 2005
I was actually searching several different topics yesterday and came across a random thread where someone had a pic of their car with these wheels. I have searched and searched using every different variation and can not find this thread again. Would anyone happen to have a pic of a classic with 1998 Cobra wheels on it? Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

close

Attachments

• No spacers2.JPG
    No spacers2.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 199
65nProgress said:
Thanks for the reply.
Are those 17x8s with the 5.72 BS? Did you use a 1" spacer? Any fitment issues?
its not my car but from what I remember there are no spacers on the back for sure. i don't remember about the front. They are 17x8 GT wheels with that backspacing. Its possible that the rear axle was from a '67 or later which is wider than the original mustangs. I hope that helps.

Almost...

1996 GT wheels, 17x8

Used 1" wheel adapters in front, nothing in back yet. I'll probably get a set of 3/4" wheel adapters for the front and move the 1" adapters to the back.

Fit is good, no rubbing.

ChandlerShowFeb06.jpg

Finished_profile_800.jpg

68keyblr said:
1996 GT wheels, 17x8

Used 1" wheel adapters in front, nothing in back yet. I'll probably get a set of 3/4" wheel adapters for the front and move the 1" adapters to the back.

Fit is good, no rubbing.

ChandlerShowFeb06.jpg

Finished_profile_800.jpg

I think the wheels look awesome on your car, and the car is absolutely beautiful by the way. If you plan to keep the wheels, though, I'd consider having the back wheels widened by someone like Stockton Wheels or a like company instead of spacing them outward. You obviously don't need the spacers if they work now, and filling the wheel wells would only add to the look. Just my $.02, and I suspect your reply will be that you don't plan to keep the wheels. However, I think they look great on the car and are definitely different than the TTII's or Bullets you see on the vast majority of other's cars.

65up2d8 said:
I think the wheels look awesome on your car, and the car is absolutely beautiful by the way. If you plan to keep the wheels, though, I'd consider having the back wheels widened by someone like Stockton Wheels or a like company instead of spacing them outward. You obviously don't need the spacers if they work now, and filling the wheel wells would only add to the look. Just my $.02, and I suspect your reply will be that you don't plan to keep the wheels. However, I think they look great on the car and are definitely different than the TTII's or Bullets you see on the vast majority of other's cars.

Thanks for the compliment :D I do agree with you, I'd like to go to an inch wider wheel in the back but you hit it right on the head - I'm probably gonna switch those wheels out for these:

fastlane.gif