Need Help/Information - 1971 Mach-1

There is a 1971 Mach-1 for sale and I need some experienced advice/information. Am I at the right place/forum and thread? Objective is to purchase the same I had as my high-school car... A few years ago! :D I have to start somewhere... Hoping it's here?

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to find out the valve train and cam specs on the "3/4 race cam" they put in it, and then find out about another set of gears...4.56 is a bit much if you are going to drive more than a 1/4 mile at a time...

I am within 10 miles of Pen Argyl. Need a pair of eyes?

1F05M breaks down to:
Dearborn
Mach 1 body
351 Cleveland (not sure if 2 or 4 BBL, but not a Boss for sure)
six numbers are the sequential production build number

Motor is probably OK as is for cruising and other stuff, change the gears unless you are going to put in an overdrive transmission

Dan

This is super nice of you! But I just made an offer today on 1F051I02938... Decode this one for me? :D And thanks again for the offer... Crist

I am within 10 miles of Pen Argyl. Need a pair of eyes?

1F05M breaks down to:
Dearborn
Mach 1 body
351 Cleveland (not sure if 2 or 4 BBL, but not a Boss for sure)
six numbers are the sequential production build number

Motor is probably OK as is for cruising and other stuff, change the gears unless you are going to put in an overdrive transmission

Dan

This is super nice of you! But I just made an offer today on 1F051I02938... Decode this one for me? :D And thanks again for the offer... Crist

1F05I102938, is this correct? You have it typed out of order, and it's important to have it corectly in order

1F05I
Dearborn
Mach 1

If the Engine code is an "I", that does not correspond to any engine available that year that I know of, nor do a few decoder sites recognize.

SOLD!

Thanks so much chepsk8 and all! SOLD... Just bought it for $3,000. Been sitting in a garage since 1984 @ 23,000 miles. Why do people do what they do? But I'm glad they do! All stock, original rims/centers in the (little) trunk. Built just like the one I had in high-school... Except it's a different color. Needs to be re-painted anyway.