Need help with BBK shorty header stud nuts

What size are the header stud nuts (to H pipe) on BBK shorties? I bought a set on Ebay and the nuts weren't there. The nuts from the original manifolds are a little too small. I bought nuts at Auto Zone (can't remember what size...takes a 3/4 wrench though), I believe 13 tpi. Seems to start on the stud fine but feels like it's stripped when I try to tighten them up. The stud looks fine. Am I using the wrong size?

• Sponsors (?)

Take the header back off and take it in to get the correct nut. Or just start guessing. If that one doesn't fit go to one with like 20 threads or what ever the next step up is. I know we had to retap my bbk headers b/c the threads were junk so u may have to check that out.

my BBK shorties had metric threads in them i think, i ruined the studs that came with them.

so i took a 1/2 inch tap and tapped the holes out to 1/2, (original size was close)

then bought some 1/2" studs and then i got some brass nuts to fasten the H pipe. the brass nuts will not rust to the steel studs like steel nuts will.

cured all my exhaust bolt problems, never get stuck or anything, they always come right off.

i think there 7/16 14.thats why the bolts u tried almost worked if you used a 3/4 wrench the are 1/2 12.go to the help secton or the hardware section of advance they will have it i just put all new studs and nuts a my exhaust. phil