Need help with EGR related issues

Oct 21, 2017
Ok so... all of a sudden I got completely drowned in emissions egr codes. No CEL, everything would pass on my routine KOER and KOEO tests. Then all of a sudden My light comes on. I got home and I got code 332 insuffiecient EGR flow. No problem, I got a used egr valve off a low mileage parts car that was much cleaner. My light went off but then it came on again, then off and then back on and it kept doing this till I scanned and got 4 DIFFERENT CODES including 332 once again. 314, 311 which are thermactor air inoperative left and right, 334 EGR Valve position sensor voltage above closed limit and 558 EGR Vacuum regulator circuit failure. I'm stumped on what to do now. I feel like I should of left my battery unhooked to clear the codes and reset the computer so it could relearn the new EGR sensor. But idk I'm not smart with smog related stuff cause usually its already been deleted on most of these cars lmao. But I'd like to keep this one stock.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Clear the codes and try it again, while you are waiting with the battery disconnected, check vac lines and electrical connections to the solenoids on the back of the shock tower.
Your air injection pipes on the back of the heads could be plugged up too.

Sounds like there is vacuum leak somewhere in the EGR system. Probably melted or cracked vacuum line due to age.

Once there is an issue some where in the EGR system it will get all sorts of codes (incorrect readings). It's why changing the EGR did nothing, it's no the culprit.

If not obvious looking like a hole in a line that's not visible then it's time to change all the vacuum lines in the EGR system. The green, white colored harness goes all the way into the passenger fender. Hopefully your issue isn't in there. Start easy though, vacuum line isn't expensive and always good to replace rotted hoses.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like there is vacuum leak somewhere in the EGR system. Probably melted or cracked vacuum line due to age.

Once there is an issue some where in the EGR system it will get all sorts of codes (incorrect readings). It's why changing the EGR did nothing, it's no the culprit.

If not obvious looking like a hole in a line that's not visible then it's time to change all the vacuum lines in the EGR system. The green, white colored harness goes all the way into the passenger fender. Hopefully your issue isn't in there. Start easy though, vacuum line isn't expensive and always good to replace rotted hoses.

Agreed. You have multiple systems driven off the red vacuum line that goes to the intake all failing at once. I would say the supply vacuum to the emission control solenoids has failed.

Kurt