Engine need help with engine build/cam selection

hey guys. I've got an 87 foxbody mustang with a stock 302 t5 trans and 8.8 2.73 rear end. this car is my daily driver. that's it. I'm doing a cheap rebuild. i dont like it but not much choice. getting a rebuild kit from summit. new piston rings oil pump etc. buddy said he will sell me some heads. The heads are Patriot freedom and the valves, springs, retainers, seats, studs, and guide plates are eldebrock. stock intake throttle body injectors. cold air intake. not maf its air density. I dont know what cam is in it. with this set up what cam should I run. stock? or is there room for a bigger cam with this set up. I would like 300 to 350 hp if possible if not I'm happy with just stock but if theres room than why not.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

You're gonna need to convert it to mass air to go that far. Those hp numbers are also a bit high for what you are describing in my opinion.
ok I'll just stick with stock. its not a must. I'll worry about that when I do a build in the future. just need something cheap and quick and wanted to see if I could add a bit more with what I got. now I just gotta see what cam is in it. supposivly they raced it. hard to believe in the condition I got it. ran horrible. still not perfect. been working out all the kinks.