need help with fuel lines

how do you remove the high and low pressure fuel lines in the engine compartment.

I have tried everything I can, and still can't get the stinking things off

is there a trick to disconnecting these things

BTW its an 89 2.3 hatch if that helps

the chilton book says there quick disconnects but I can't see how they are quick

mike

• Sponsors (?)

Nope, no special tool needed for the 89's...only the 91-93.

On the quick disconnect fittings. There will be a white plastic piece on each line, though they look different on the two lines. The feed line has a tab that you pull on, the white clip will pull out of the way and the line can be pulled apart from the fuel rail. The return line is a bit more difficult but still pretty easy. It will have two small white "buttons" on opposite sides, push them both in with a small set of pliers and pull on the line...the clip will stay on the rail and the line will pull off.

got them off but not the way I wanted.

the high pressure side broke while trying to pull it off. It broke right at the back of the fitting (the barb is still in the host and the fitting on the rigid line.

so now how do I get the hoses off the fuel rail so I can replace them both

mike

FYI, make a new topic if you have a question, no sense in resurrecting a 2 year old topic.

Anyway, don't disconnect the lines at the rail unless you absolutely have to. A better place is to disconnect the rubber lines where they attach to the hardlines on the frame. The lines there are line Stinger described and are much easier to deal with.