need help with headlights

ceracer33

Aug 30, 2005
i noticed tonight that my driver side headlight is burning way way dimmer than the passenger side, it has a yellow look to it, like its just barely burning. anyone ever have this problem before? i havent done anything to it around those areas so i dont know where to start. possibly a fuse going bad? i know sometimes they get to where they have to much resistance and wont alow enough amps through them, or is this a sign that the bulb is about to blow? anyone have some ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Try changing the fuse first. If that doesn't work, then change the bulb. They're both cheap, so even if it's neither of them, no big deal. But if that doesn't work, it could be a wiring problem, and that's where you're going to have a PITA.

A common cause for a dim headlight is corrosion at the socket contact points. They can be cleaned wirth a small wire brush (toothbrush size). Check if the hi-beam is also dim. Sometimes just twisting the bulb without actually replacing it will temporarily restore a good connection.

well i had an incident at work today and wont have the use of my hand for a few weeks, but once i heal up im going to replace the fuse and toss in the new bulbs i've had for a while. the bulbs in it now are only around a year or 2 old and are silverstars. i will also clean the connector while im replacing the bulbs and see if that helps. thanks guys