Need Help With Problems After Installing Bbk 62mm Throttle Body

Rokk

Aug 3, 2016
Just a quick hello and thanks to everyone looking at my post. I have a 2005 GT 4.6 with standard trans. My first performance add-ons were shorty headers, no cat-back exhaust with straight pipes and JAI cold air intake with a bama tune for 91 octane. I loved this setup but a buddy of mine wrecked his 06 GT and talked me into buying his performance parts-CHEAP. So I added comp cams Mutha Thumpa cams,non adjustable phaser lock outs, and a BBK 62mm throttle body,some straight mufflers(like Magnaflow Competition Axle-Back) and new tunes for 91 octane from Bama tunes. The mechanic who installed it,left the throttle plates open about 1/8 of an inch when he switched over my actuator and TPS. Yeah,,my mustang didn't like this and started spitting throttle actuator stuck open codes and I caught the problem and re installed the actuator with throttle plates closed and all seemed fine. My mustang was a little slower off the start but the higher rpm power is great and it seemed like the mufflers were killing power so I went back to straight pipes. But just recently I started getting Throttle actuator stuck open,forced idle,timing over advanced trouble codes when driving and my mustang dies whenever I have to stop at a light,so I just turn it off and start it back up when the light is green. Any ideas or advice? I want to keep the extra power-but I want my mustang to be reliable again. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)