Need me some wheels or a way to fix these ones

Piranahbite

Jan 21, 2022
American canyon
Guys, I jacked up my wheels, I'm mad. are these fixable? i had a little run in with a curb and it kinda jacked up my front right wheel, or are these junk? if there junk, I need at least one or two (not sure if the back wheels jacked up) new wheels to replace these so I can avoid buying a new set of tires, but if its not avoidable...... perfect time for an upgrade!

my uncle used to have an '84 four eye, and he had some centerlines on it, i loved it, i was hoping to get a pair to match my dads car and my uncles, issue is i cant find them to save my life. dose anyone have anything their willing to part with? im based in Napa California

Attachments

• IMG_20240116_105735531.jpg
    IMG_20240116_105735531.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240116_103432400_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_103432400_HDR.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20240116_103438822_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240116_103438822_HDR.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll be blunt, as fugly as those rims are it's a good time to replace them.
Your right, but as of right now i can only afford to fix or replace what i got, im strapped for cash rn and i just got new tires, (im getting my damaged ones replaced under warranty) so my best option is to get one replacement wheel till i can afford new wheels and tires, or my warranty expires and i do somthing stupid

Those are 4 banger wheels. Cast aluminum with a rubberized weird material on the front. They are all over the place but most people don't even try to sell them. I know I've thrown away a few sets of those. Also, looks like that control arm is pushed back on the right side.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are 4 banger wheels. Cast aluminum with a rubberized weird material on the front. They are all over the place but most people don't even try to sell them. I know I've thrown away a few sets of those. Also, looks like that control arm is pushed back on the right side.
As far as I can tell its not, the whole wheel got bent on the mounting plate, car still drives straight too, when i get a chance ill check it out better.

It also might be the angle I took the picture combined with it being blurry

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Toss up a pic of the car. We can you help pick the best El-Cheapos.

You can probably find a set of 10-holes for next to nothing. :shrug:

1705461288576.png
As you wish hombre workin on painting up my yellow trim, and if gotten new headlights and taillights since I took these

Attachments

• IMG_4362_edited.jpg
    IMG_4362_edited.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4315_edited (2).jpg
    IMG_4315_edited (2).jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2061_edited.jpg
    DSCN2061_edited.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
I'll re-suggest the 10-holes if you can find a set lying around for [cheap].

You can always go bigger/wider later with the LMR repros if you start to take a liking to them. They have 15x9 through 17x9 in 4 and 5 lug now.

Nice! Ill nab a set if I can find some used with tires, I wanted to get centerlines because my dad and uncle both have and had me and I'm in love with em

Heres a pic of my uncles ride, I think this thing is badass and I want those Wheels maybe in 15s though so I can have a little bit more meat on my tire, according to him it was a saleen but thats what the dealer said

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_112309.jpg
    IMG_20240117_112309.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 43
If they still have them and you're willing to run over to Sacramento.... :shrug:

Or Petaluma.....

But I'd be thoroughly checking everything after hitting a curb THAT hard, it's hard telling what other damage you have that you can't see outright.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
If they still have them and you're willing to run over to Sacramento.... :shrug:

Or Petaluma.....

But I'd be thoroughly checking everything after hitting a curb THAT hard, it's hard telling what other damage you have that you can't see outright.
From what I saw it looked like I needed to replace tie rods they weren't bent but they definitely looked super worn out and my steering feels a little bit more loose now but I do have that skinny donut on and whenever I drive through a Grove in the road it loves to follow the groove. I managed to find a wheel on eBay for 40 bucks, I'm going to have my tires warranty because I know a fella at Les Schwab, and then decide what needs to be replaced on the suspension assembly. I did want to upgrade it all anyways, just wasn't ready to yet