Need Photos Of Ac Condenser Mounts

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
inwant to reinstall my ac condenser mounts. Bottoms are in, but I don't have the tops bolted up. Anyone have pics of a pre-90 mustang to show me how the upper condenser mounts are located? Can't figure out which holes they go in

• Sponsors (?)

inwant to reinstall my ac condenser mounts. Bottoms are in, but I don't have the tops bolted up. Anyone have pics of a pre-90 mustang to show me how the upper condenser mounts are located? Can't figure out which holes they go in
Yes, this would be cool. If they could post pictures of the step process to adding the entire AC system. Mines was taken off when i purchased my Fox Body, but he gave me some of the parts, told me its all there, i'm sure he lied. Although if there was a video or pictures, i could try to reinstall it. I live where the weather is normally 90 - 100 in heat. I need the AC ! I don't think it would kill the motor power, not sure why he took it off. Although he lives in nice weather and don't need it. Thats only one hour from me, lol ..

Well man, its damn hard to get a pic of them while holding a flood light in my garage. But here is what I was able to get.

Passenger side has two bolts through a flat bracket that wraps around the side of the condenser and attaches to the core support somewhere. I honestly could not see where though. Here is a pic of the two bolts holding the condenser to the bracket. This pic needs to be rotated right. Cant for the life of me figure it out. @Noobz347
upload_2017-1-10_16-14-20.png

On the driver's side upper, it is a tab that slides into a rubber mount on the condenser, and then bolts to the core support. You can see the rubber mount directly below the bolt head in this a pic.

20170110_144944-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
KINDLE_CAMERA_1483375983000.jpg
Attempting to post some pics for ya, top mounts in above pics don't show the way the mount is placed, in his defence it's very hard to get a pic because of the wire harness and close proximity of the radiator. At the inside edge of rad mount look for a box opening on the rad side of core support, an ear gos in the box and lines up with the bolt hole, the rubber part of the braket fits under the rad support. The lower pic is a 86 but they are the same as my 89,

Those pics do help!

No wonder why I couldn't find where they went. I was trying to bolt them up from the front side where the hood latch is. Now that I see they bolt up from the radiator side, it all makes sense now! thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Just went out to the car and looked in that spot and sure as hell I rethreaded the bolts back into the speed clips that held them.

So not only was I looking in wrong spot, I had the wrong hardware as well!

Thanks guys, that's what I needed and it definitely is a tough spot to take pics in.

Reactions: 1 user
I just removed all my AC, I'm sure I'll probably reinstall it someday like you are but there is no way I'm chopping and extending my lines for my KB install. Doesn't get that hot for all that long where I live anyway. Good luck with the install.