Need Rear End Help!

tonymwc

Jan 16, 2017
Ok so I was going around a corner last night not even getting on it and she started getting squirrely on me, started hearing a grinding sound, only a block away from home so I got her home. driver side rear tire is rubbing towards the front of car and passenger tire is normal so somehow it the driver side moved towards front of car, all suspension components look to be fine but there is a leak now from where the drive shaft meets rear end?? Im pretty sure the grinding sound was the gears in the rear end since now it looks like the rear end is crooked??? Any help????

• Sponsors (?)

There's a bearing in the end of the axle tube. That bearing could have failed causing the leak. The axle tube is held in the rear center section by a metal rivet, that could've failed causing the axle tube to shift. The lower control arm mount ( torque box ) on the body could have cracked or rusted out. The upper torque box could've failed. Either way its not good. Easiest scenario would be the axle bearing.

Pics would really help....

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG
IMG_4422.JPG
IMG_4423.JPG
IMG_4425.JPG

I dont know alot about rearends but maybe the torque box failed?

Happens here with some phones for some reason. @Noobz347 might be able to help you with that.

Can you get pics of the upper control arm mounting points ? The lower control arm box looks OK.

The axle is laying forward. The pics make that easy to see....even though they're upside down.

The quick fix for the phone problem is to always hold your phone sideways when you take pictures.

If you're looking for better/more solutions, I have a thread in the "Feedback and Testing" forum that talks about it well.