Need Some Help/advice On A Mass Air For My Car!

ulev1st

Apr 12, 2017
My car is a 93 LX that is totally stock with the exception of a Cobra upper and lower and a BBK 65mm throttle body. It is a A3M EEC from the factory.
I purchased a X3Z Cobra EEC wiht the 24 # injectors. My question is this.. Which Mass Air meter do I need and where is the best place to source the meter?
Thank you for your time to reply.

• Sponsors (?)

My car is a 93 LX that is totally stock with the exception of a Cobra upper and lower and a BBK 65mm throttle body. It is a A3M EEC from the factory.
I purchased a X3Z Cobra EEC wiht the 24 # injectors. My question is this.. Which Mass Air meter do I need and where is the best place to source the meter?
Thank you for your time to reply.

Ok let me just get this out of the way first.

There is ZERO benefit to swapping your EEC and 24# injectors and MAF on your setup . ZERO
Injectors do not make horsepower, they support it.

Now that I have it out of the way, you will need a matching Cobra MAF calibrated to 24# or an aftermarket MAF calibrated to 24#, like Pro M.

Reactions: 1 user
^What Mike said. Leave the stock 93' 5.0 HO ECU alone, as well as the stock injectors. I would suggest to upgrade to an 94-95 70mm mustang gt maf and look for a set of Explorer 19 pound (yellow/orange) injectors. Those have a better spray pattern and fuel atomization. Anyways, the Cobra ECU is not as aggressive as the regular 5.0 HO ECU.

I would agree.

First off, you have no need for 24#injectors. A 70mm SN95 MAF with adapter would have done just fine.

Secondly, I would not run the cobra ECU. If you are stil intending on running the 24s, I'd keep the a3m and buy a calibrated MAF to match the injectors.