Need some help

06vichadden

Jan 2, 2019
Texas
Ok i have an 06 crown vic 4.6. I was curious could i swap the intake with a mustang? Would it help with power in any way? And would i have to chang anything out with it if i can swap intakes?

• Sponsors (?)

Intake manifold yes. And No. It will not help with power. The intakes are the same. However some very late model Panther intakes don't have an ECT Boss location in the coolant cross over. If your intake manifold is missing the ECT boss, it could be a problem. Suggest swapping the old cross over.

https://adtr.net/product/ford-crown-victoria/adtr-supercharger-system-2003-panthers/

This company sells a full kit, but it's far from cheap. Other people modify mustang superchargers to fit and relocate the battery to the trunk, make their own brackets, etc. It's a lot of work, but if you're looking for a lot of power per dollar it's tough to beat unless you go to nitrous (or nawwwzzz, as it was called when I was in school and fast and the furious came out lol).

If you're just looking for a little more oomph I'm sure you can find a different intake to put on there that will work. Mod the trans a bit, because they can be a little lazy in those cars. A tune. Stuff like that. All depends what you're looking for and how much you have to spend.