Need some serious help!!!!!!1

I run 3 miles twice to three times a week, and lift for about an hour and a half three times a week. I've been doing that for 6 (going on 7) years now. I used to run cross country and 5k road races, so back then I would run about 10 miles a day 4 or 5 times a week, but it started to take its toll on my knees. So I backed it down to 3 miles. It's just a lifestyle change. You just schedule your day with that block of time set aside. I sometimes will take a day off here or there because of work or vacation or some other special circumstance, but you gotta stick with it.

• Sponsors (?)

chaos254 said:
there is no fast way... takes a lot of time and determination. This is why most people quit dieting or working out... they dont see instant results. your diet is the biggest part of getting in shape. Start eating healthy and drink lots of water. Combine that with some morning cardio 3-4 times a week and get a lifting routine.

we have a very smart man here :D you took the words out of my mouth

In all honesty, being in shape is a LIFESTYLE change, you don't add a workout and you're there.

It usually won't work if you arae doing it for results, you should want to do it because you want to be healthy, not for results. What I'm saying is HEALTH should be the number one priority, results are secondary.

As for six-packs, EVERYBODY has one, but fat covers it up, you don't have to do a single crunch, but if you lower your BMI enough, you will see a ripped six pack.

Six packs are made in the kitchen, period.

It really is a lifestyle change, one that EVERYONE should look into.

Your body is your temple, it is the vehicle through which you will travel your life, and you only have one, don't you want to know what you're putting in your vehicle? I'm sure you know a LOT about what goes into your Mustang.

yeah i forgot to say, i cant ran to much. I was running for like a month, a mile a day. and my knees started hurting really bad after a week, i thought i would get used to it but i didn't. I guess setting tile all day, then going home and run killed my knees. lol. im not a expert, but i dont think 6 packs are made in the kitchen, my bro eats like 70% fast food. is skinny as ****. and a couple of more people i know also.

Guero said:
yeah i forgot to say, i cant ran to much. I was running for like a month, a mile a day. and my knees started hurting really bad after a week, i thought i would get used to it but i didn't. I guess setting tile all day, then going home and run killed my knees. lol. im not a expert, but i dont think 6 packs are made in the kitchen, my bro eats like 70% fast food. is skinny as ****. and a couple of more people i know also.

So if it aint made in the kitchen, then why is your bro so skinny? They have a different body than you. A different metabolism. Some people can EAT ALL DAY LONG...and not gain a lb. Others can eat just a little...and gain a ton.

Point is this, you cant use your brothers non-chalant eating habits as excuses for why you shouldnt do something different. Your body requires different things. Sure keep eating fast food like him, and try to work out. Your results will not be anything special. Your working out will be wiped out by your eating habits. You got guys sitting here telling you that a simple thing as not drinking pop and drink water has made big changes....but u think that eating that crap at fast food places wont? Come on...get real.

And your brothers habits will catch up to him one day. Eating that crap all the time like he is will be terrible for his body...whether or not he can see it today or not.

The point is this. Everyone has said the same thing. You want changes....so YOUR LIFE has to change. Quit making up excuses or reasons for why something wont. THe more you do that...the bigger your stomach and chest will get. Then u'll have stangnet guys sending you bras in the mail:rlaugh: But seriously man, i have the same problem...dont know how bad yours is...mine isnt bad at all. But it aint where i would like it to be. But with my engineering class load, its hard to have a consistant schedule set out for working out. I've been trying to watch what i eat...and to drink water...and to work out when i can.

Oprah had a quote that i absolutely love.....

"You cant become who you want to be by remaining who you are."

Put up or shut up. Go out and try something...anything. Once you see results you'll be hooked.

And if you knees wont allow any running...try going to a fitness center that has those non-impact running machines. Or try running in grass...or maybe a track. Or spend the dime on a really good set of shoes. I know how it feels to have bad knees trust me...it sucks balls but u gotta get around it. Cause when it comes down to it, running can help a ton. Or go ride a bike...but ride for 2-3 if not more times the distance u would run. Depending on the roads, biking can be extremely exhausting. Swimming is great too. There are a ton of things u can try man. Just gotta get some dedication. Most of these guys are speaking from experience...so listen to them. You really arent in the position to say something is wrong. People have different ideas because different crap works for different people. Now go out and try something. Atleast start doing push ups and sit ups every night before u sleep or when u wake up. Get those muscles active again. Even if u cant get the fat off right away, the muscles will be getting worked.

like i said im gonna stop eating fast food. i only eat out twice a week. i just said that i dont think it matters what you eat, in the kitchen, not at Mcdonlads. and like a sain im getting a belly and growing boobs(lol) its not bad, i still the weigh the same i did 3 yeras ago. Maybe i should to Carpentry for 3 months. i lost 30lbs in 3 months.lol. i was a stick lol. but then my body got use to it and i gained them again in muscle. now slowly but surely its getting into fat. lol.

what you mean im sounding like ****, if you reed what i first wrote i said i play sports. mostly baseball and handball. maybe u should read before you post.

You can do just as much damage in your own kitchen as you can at mickey D's...its just much easier at Mickey D's.

Guero said:
what you mean im sounding like ****, if you reed what i first wrote i said i play sports. mostly baseball and handball. maybe u should read before you post.

Baseball? Thats not THAT much moving...compared to something like soccer,basketball, or even football for that matter. Even then, getting in shape comes from TRAINING for the sports...not the actual sports themselves. Is handball where u smack the ball aghainst the wall? That can be a workout...depending on how long u do it for. I still think u need to do some cardio....get your ass out there running, on a bike, swimming, rowing, anything. Just get out there and do something. That will make results come that much quicket. Its up to you...u can take months/years to wait for a simple diet change to work, or u can get out there and burn the fat off. U want change...so change. Man tities=big change IMO.

I dont want to see another post from you until u have done some real cardio. Thats it. Deal?:shrug:

dam its much easier shooting lol. hand ball is a workout. i usually go for like an hour, loser does 10 pushups or 20 if beat by 0. i just called one of my freinds and were gonna go check out a gym thats open 24/7, and they have like a trainer there.