Need Suspension Help

lanyards. :nice:

Ha ha. Thanks bigcat! I think that we should do away with the word lanyards though, and just call them plastic strap thingies. It sounds much more technical!

From the pics, I don't see a covering over them. It shouldn't be that hard to get something to cover them however.
Since I have the CAI w/ram air tray right at the front center of the car I thought opening up to force more air will be very functional:nice:

I did not mean that you should put a cover over the hood pins. I meant (in my ignorance) you should get the pins with the lanyards. I think those would look good. But, I see that you already purchased a kit off of ebay. Definately post up some pics when you install them.

kooldawg, just to let you know, I think you talked me out of cutting the springs....For now.

• Sponsors (?)

I am very pleased with them. Car now corners like a Viper! LOL

Not meaning to flame here at all...but if you think thats the case, you can kiss it goodbye if you cut those springs. Again, no hard feelings here, just trying to help.
From my engineering background, just sell the springs, and get some others with a larger drop if you're really that concerned about it. You can likely get most of your money back on the springs, and be safer in the long run.

Granted, the rear drop is a little on the low side, but the drop in the front.... come on. You're talking about less than 7/16 of an inch. From even only a few feet away, I seriously doubt that you'll ever notice the difference.

I know that it is disappointing not getting what you pay for. But in the end a difference of less that 7/16" is pretty damn small when it comes to lowering a car. If you're still really THAT concerned about it, consider buying new springs... Please don't cut them:nice:

kooldawg, just to let you know, I think you talked me out of cutting the springs....For now.

homebrewer, see post. I am holding off on the cutting.... for now.

Granted, the rear drop is a little on the low side, but the drop in the front.... come on. You're talking about less than 7/16 of an inch. From even only a few feet away, I seriously doubt that you'll ever notice the difference.

I know that it is disappointing not getting what you pay for. But in the end a difference of less that 7/16" is pretty damn small when it comes to lowering a car. If you're still really THAT concerned about it, consider buying new springs... Please don't cut them:nice:

The drop in the front was 1.1", which is a little more than 7/16". We are talking about almost half an inch here. Which in a suspension drop is a pretty significant amount!