Need Tire Size Recommendations

• Sponsors (?)

Don't just try and slap some 315's on there.
That's a nightmare waiting to happen.

Rear tire size depends on many things.

Is the car lowered or will it be?
Fenders rolled?
Quad shocks?
Do you plan on going around turns above 5 mph?
Is the offset perfect?
How much clearance is there at the tailpipes?

The age old problem on a fox with 10 inch wheels is that the car will only accept a tire that is better off suited to a 9 inch wheel.

The rear also shifts quite a bit under cornering, so be prepared for the tire to rub on the inner tub.

Almost for sure you going to have to lose the quad shocks and roll the fenders.

Contact will tailpipes is common too even for smaller sizes.

Me personally i feel like 275 is the max, but that may be slightly narrow on a 10. I surely wouldn't attempt anything past a 285 without some kind of extensive plan to prevent rubbing.
Tearing up $250 each tires is a tough lesson to learn the hard way.

Don't just try and slap some 315's on there.
That's a nightmare waiting to happen.

Rear tire size depends on many things.

Is the car lowered or will it be?
Fenders rolled?
Quad shocks?
Do you plan on going around turns above 5 mph?
Is the offset perfect?
How much clearance is there at the tailpipes?

The age old problem on a fox with 10 inch wheels is that the car will only accept a tire that is better off suited to a 9 inch wheel.

The rear also shifts quite a bit under cornering, so be prepared for the tire to rub on the inner tub.

Almost for sure you going to have to lose the quad shocks and roll the fenders.

Contact will tailpipes is common too even for smaller sizes.

Me personally i feel like 275 is the max, but that may be slightly narrow on a 10. I surely wouldn't attempt anything past a 285 without some kind of extensive plan to prevent rubbing.
Tearing up $250 each tires is a tough lesson to learn the hard way.

What I was thinking. Didn't think any 300 series width tire had a prayer without a tub.

Yes it will be lowered.
Fenders are already rolled.
Quad shocks are off.
Yes I'd like to turn quicker than that.
Offsets 6.75 ballpark, 6.83 truly I believe.
Tailpipes? I had some when I was running 255 d/r's, but that was on a stock rear end setup basically with ponies. And it's been nearly two years since I've tore this car down so I can't remember exactly.

I've run 9.5x17" wheels with 6.42" offset in the rear for many years now, no quads, lowered some, with 3" tail pipes, and 275/35/17's would occasionally rub, 275/40's would rub on hard corners or with a lot of weight in the car, 265/40's almost never, and 255/40's never. Unfortunately they stopped making the 275/35 size. For the past year I've been running 255/60/16 MT DR's, and I've been impressed with them. Cornering didn't degrade as much as I expected, and traction is vastly improved. Now you can't drive them in the rain to speak of.... I'm sure rolled fenders would help, maybe I should head that direction!