need to change all fluids?

alanp

Nov 6, 2022
Delaware
Hello all,
I 've had a '96 Cobra for 2 years which I boufgt from the original owner and I now have 33K miles.
Other than oil do I need to change all fluids being a 25 year old car? I keep seeing this " all fluids changed"
when looking at older cars fir sale.

• Sponsors (?)

I mean given the unknown condition of all the fluids, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

AT least you'll know for a fact that they are clean and at the proper level. I would also inspect the rubber components as well. Tires, belts, hoses ect. Tires hopefully have been changed by now, but I would at least replace the belt and would replace any suspect coolant hoses.

For fluids, i would change:

Oil,
trans fluid
differential
coolant
brake fluid.

It's probably not a huge rush for the other fluids aside from engine oil, but i would eventually want fresh fluids in the other locations

Reactions: 1 user
I mean given the unknown condition of all the fluids, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

AT least you'll know for a fact that they are clean and at the proper level. I would also inspect the rubber components as well. Tires, belts, hoses ect. Tires hopefully have been changed by now, but I would at least replace the belt and would replace any suspect coolant hoses.

For fluids, i would change:

Oil,
trans fluid
differential
coolant
brake fluid.

It's probably not a huge rush for the other fluids aside from engine oil, but i would eventually want fresh fluids in the other locations
Thanks !