Need to make my v6 mustang faster

stang315

Mar 26, 2008
Atmore, Alabama
ok hears the deal i work at a car dealership, and im learning stuff from the mechanics there as much as possible, but they really just know the basic car knowlege. I have a bout 200$ a week to play with and sink into my car, so can anybody give me some kind of tip to juice my car up on this budget?

• Sponsors (?)

I still say gears next. 3.73's would be good, but if you do a lot of hwy driving then 3.55 will help save some mileage.

After that it just depends on how far into you want to get. Exhaust would be a simple mod to have done.

I would look at doing a split port swap. A lot of '94-'95 3.8's have head gasket issues anyways, so it'd be a two birds with one stone kind of thing; pick up at least 40hp and avoid a potential problem.:nice: There are now a decent number of '99-'04 cars in salvage yards to get the split port parts from.

BTW, if you do find a '99-'04 car in a yard, grab the front brake calipers as well. The difference is crazy. I miss the brakes in my '01 V6. But my '95 is getting Cobra calipers up front tomorrow.:D

yea the exaust is coming really soon its either that or the paint job next and then probably the gears like u said
1.any good sites for stang parts (where i could maybe find gears ext.)
2.do u think a chip would be a good up grade or atleast give it a boost ?

See also v6mustangstuff.com, choose your year and all the parts categories show up. JCWhitney has some stuff as well as Jegs. Serious motor stuff go to
supersixmotorsports.com or lower prices with moranav6racing.com