Need to raise the front end...

I DROVE MY CAR YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 YEARS!:D
Everything was great except that the brake master cylinder pushrod came out and I had no brakes....And with these 17" wheels and 245s the front end is rubbing bad. So how have you guys raised the front end? I have back in the 80's used the screw in spacers and will try that this weekend but can you use a 1" spacer under/over the coil spring?

• Sponsors (?)

I remember seeing 1 inch poly spacers which go between the top of the spring and shock tower. I am not sure how good they are but that can work. With all the labor and stuff involved you might consider getting an aluminium water pump , intake, radiator, heads, etc. You probably already have all that seeing you have a supercharger but if not, that will lighten the front amd give you some reliability and performance. Were your springs cut? You might also consider getting new springs if thats the case...
Kevin

I have some aluminum parts up there but lack the most important...as the heads are steel GT 40s. So far the car isnt running hot with the 4 row "desert cooler" I have had for 12 years. The springs are new 620# that kept the car at the stock height but these wheels are 7" wide so its going to be tough. If I can find my old wooded bat I will roll the fenders some more. I have air shocks on the rear but they dont seem to be hitting yet.