Need To Vent, Frustrated!

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I figured I'd spend some time on the car today to take care of a few little things that have been irking me for a while, namely the spark blowout issue and a leaky header gasket. Well, since I was removing the supercharger discharge tube to get at the plugs I figured I'd take care of that header gasket as well since it was on the same side.

I proceeded to pull the plugs and regap them to .24. Replaced the header gasket which was actually a breeze! I love these BBK shorties and the fact that the stock header bolts fit on them!

So after getting all the plugs regapped and reinstalled I go to hook up my plug wires and one of them won't go on the plug and "snap" into place. I pull it up into the light and see that the metal clip is all screwed up. No matter of squeezing it would put it back to working order so I went to my brother's work (junk yard) and pulled a few wires off an old F 150 to hold me over till I get a new set of wires.

I get back, put the new wire on and hook up my new ignition box as well. Go to fire up the car and it's missing like crazy. I check all the wires to make sure they are snug on the plugs and when I grabbed #7 wire half the spark plug fell off! It was still in the wire as I brought it up to look at it. Now I have to go back into town, buy a new plug. Buy the plug, install it and viola, car is running like a champ. This time I saw 14 psi of boost and 5800 rpm with no hesitation or "rev limit" feeling.

Clean up and go to the store to get dinner, on the way back car is missing like crazy again. The new/old F150 wire won't hang on to that plug either, it just fell off and was laying on the header!! WTF did I do today to deserve this BS!!! I closed the hood and said to hell with it today. The car ha sit out for me today I swear!!!

Sorry for the book but I am really pissssed!

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't take much to piss you off. If a bad wire is my biggest problem, I'm having a good day. Just get another wire end and crimp it on there.

Kurt

Sorry, I'm not driving 80 miles round trip to buy a boot to fix a single plug wire. I'll throw some crappy part store wires on there before I do that!

Either way, it's all working good now, with some light and a calmer mood I was able to get the boot to click right into place. Not to mention I wasn't burning the hell out of my hand!

Now I have a new problem, my blower is leaking oil out of the front shaft. Seems to only do it when I get on it hard. Guess I'll save the "spirited" driving for chance encounters with ricers.