need your guys help with a trade situaion, look in here to help

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
ok I am selling my 01 GT. I would be happier in my old fox so I am going to get another. Another person offered to trade me straight across for a clean 1993 GT. I would do so in a heartbeat but here is the snag.

I have a lien on my car with my bank. for X amount. I am asking about $2k more then I owe on my lien. Basically what I paid for it not adding anything for the additions I have done to it.

Can anyone suggest a way for me to do this transaction??? I thought I could get a personal loan for my 01 GT to pay it off and this would be my new loan for the 93 GT. I am not sure how this works as I have never done this before. Anything else I could do?

• Sponsors (?)

well, if I sold my 01 then I would use the xtra cash to buy a fox since that is what I want to do anyways. Loan would be very little regardless and would be gone in a short period of time. If I had kept my fox to begin with I would be having this problem.

Depending on credit you can take out a signature loan and pay off the car that way. But if you owe more than say 10 grand it's going to be hard as the loan is a no collateral loan. You can also try to run it through an auto auction if you know a dealer, or even some car dealer ships will by the car. OR, you could sell that car for whatever you can get and say you end up still 4 grand in the whole to get the tittle, take out a signature loan to pay off the other 4 grand and get the title. Let the other guy take over payments ( arrange with bank, dont trust him to pay you directly!) and then take out a loan for what he sees reasonable for the fox. Just some ideas.