Needed: Lifter spider

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I need the lifter spider and bolts that hold it down. thats the last thing i need before i bolt my intake on. None of the bone yards around here have them, and the cheapest ive found is the roller conversion kit from brothers perf. for 50 bucks. anyone have one laying around they are willing to part with on the cheap or know where i can get one? i would put this in the classifieds, but im trying to get it asap

BTW, its on a 1991 302 HO roller motor

• Sponsors (?)

Look Its Aaron said:
I can get one for you. Are you local to brothers performance? I live in Fontana, So cal if you are interested.

[email protected]

email sent

Mike92GT said:
You should be able to get them from Summit if all else fails. I think Ford Racing and Comp Cams both sell a kit that comes with the spider, dog bones, and bolts. Good luck

i saw the sets that are on ebay and everything, but i was trying to get away with not buying the dogbones, since i already have those im cheap, what can i say :p

You know it's funny this topic came up with it's timing. I just finished building my new engine and ironically my lifter tie bars and the two hold down screws for the retainer went missing.

So, here's what I found out before I hit the junkyards: All 87' and up 5.0 HO engines have the roller setup (obviously), and beleieve it or not a lot of the later-model 5.0 non HO engine had a roller setup. With this in mind I looked for basically the crown vics and grand marquis somewhere in the early 90's range (just before the body and engine change to the 4.6). Some of the earlier t-birds had them (some actually had a version of the HO), and the lincoln mark 7's as well. I found what I needed in a 90' merc. grand marquis. So you don't need to look for just an HO engine to find what you are looking for.

Funny... you have no idea how funny that is.. the only things i lost from my rebuild was a few bolts, and that damn spider. But thats awesome to know! i doubt the bone yards will be open tomorrow, but i really... really appreciate the information