new 302 motor

RAGS

Aug 13, 2019
melrose park
hi guys thanks for bringing me in,i have an odd problem,i found a complete brand new 302 motor in a house i was demo,ing,the guy who owned the house was a genious who went to M.I.T he had a 79 marquis in the garage with no motor,so im guessing this was for that,the issue im having is ,the block is a 79-84 302 i found a set of brand new pistons ,but they are 30 over ,doesnt jell,its a brand new block ,no reason to go over,or is there something im missing ,im thinking he may have wanted to build a sort of racing motor being that its all in pieces,it also has a ford alum 4bbl hi rise,i probably need to investigate the heads and crank to see whats up ,the casting number isD9OE-6015-E3A N THEN THE LINE BELOW IT SAYS9A15 any help would be great ,thank u

• Sponsors (?)

The pistons being .030" over means nothing by itself.

Are they aftermarket or Ford cast aluminum replacements? High-end forged pieces? Do they have valve reliefs? Are they dished?

You threw a lot of vague descriptions out there with your first post, with no pictures or punctuation and a single casting number and want us to tell you what you have.

We're happy to do that, but you'll have to help us help you.