New 60 Foot times with new 4.10's

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
FYI-

I went from a 2.73 to a 4.10

60' went from 2.45 to 2.154

Thats w/ drag radials. I know its not that great but its a convertible with a stock automatic trans.

• Sponsors (?)

Will a new convertor make that much difference? I tried to remove the weight in the front but couldn't find the top mounting bolts. I'll have to try again.

NEEDA5.0 said:
Will a new convertor make that much difference? I tried to remove the weight in the front but couldn't find the top mounting bolts. I'll have to try again.

absolutely!! huge difference.

If I got a stall for an auto stang I owned it would be at least a 2800

WTF, how is that possible?!?!?! I was told I didn't need a chip if I got the 4.10s. Look at my thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=453829
I didn't run that bad and I have no gears. Not trying to trash you, but trying giving your car a tune-up. My car has 132,000 miles and for my fortune, runs pretty good, of course considering it's stock. Get the TransGo Shift Kit. It'll help you out a lot. Remove as much weight as you can, listed what I've removed on the thread. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!

Needa5.0 - Converters make a huge difference. PI is a good company but very expensive, but as RC will tell you, do it right the first time and get the PI. Plus a 2 year warranty is nice if you to get the stall changed. A high stall like 3200 may not be necessary with a near stock car. I get my best results in launching from around 2000 rpms and I have a 2800 stall. Dont expect to get all the way up to those stall speeds either unless you have a transbrake. I can stall it up to about 2400 without spinning on a good day.

stunner - You might not need a chip with your gears if you have a shift kit. My rev limiter would bounce every once in a blue moon with my 3.73s, but once I get the shift kit I never had anymore trouble.