New Billet Specialties Wheels

1965-Mustang

Nov 25, 2003
Well I got my new wheels today...They are the Billet Specialties Street Stars. They are 17x8 with 4.75 backspacing and have Nitto 555 255/40/17 on the back and 235/45/17 on the front. I got them from Newstalgia Wheels for $1700 pre-mounted and balanced for free since I ordered a set of four wheels and tires. I was debating between the Street Stars or the Fast Lanes...I really actually meant to order the Fast Lanes...but I ended up getting the Street Stars today and checked my receipt and sure enough I screwed up.. :/ . And they are custom built so there is nothing I can do about it but I really do not mind, I like both wheels and couldn't really decide anyways. lol. So what do you guys think of my new wheels?

Oh yeah I know the drum brakes are fugly and they suck but I've only got so much money....lol. I just really needed new tires because my old ones were basically rotting off..My shop guy kept passing it for inspection but told me I needed to change them next time...So I just got all new wheels and tires.

I'll add them to that chart if that would be helpful after work tonight. They fit fine but I have yet to lower the car on the wheel because the wheel studs are too short to get the lug nuts to bite well enough...Any ideas for this? I'm thinking if just taking them to my local shop I go to and having him put longer ones on...?

View attachment 480706

View attachment 480708

View attachment 480710

View attachment 480712

View attachment 480714

Clearance:
th_IMG_2559.jpg

Attachments

• th_IMG_2559.jpg
    th_IMG_2559.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the good comments. Yeah they are really nice. I also noticed when testing them out the lug nuts are impossible to access with the wrench. ..I looked lugs up online and found 'mag lug nuts' or 'shank style' and was wondering if these are the type I need as they are longer and stick out more..?

Also anyone have any ideas about the studs? I am positive mine are too short to be safe and was wondering if its safe to make them longer and how much money this should cost me for a shop to do it? Or is it easy to do?

Oh and good luck with those Fast Lanes! They are so nice looking. Post some pics and specs on 'em when you get them set up.

1965-Mustang said:
Oh and good luck with those Fast Lanes! They are so nice looking. Post some pics and specs on 'em when you get them set up.

Thanks, I'll definately post some pics when the get here...prolly be about 6 weeks though :bang:

I was thinking about going with the Coys C-67's at first..They are nice. Those Billet Specialties are pretty sweet though. Idk...I like them both lol. The Coys are cheaper..if that matters. The GTX's are fancy though so I'd probably pick 'em.

Jimmy- what are they going on? Coupe, Fastback, vert, mus-chero? :D Sorry had to throw that last one in, been seeing more and more of them lately.

I like the Coys, but the Billet Specialties are nice, if you don't mind me asking, what's the price difference between them?

1965-Mustang said:
I was thinking about going with the Coys C-67's at first..They are nice. Those Billet Specialties are pretty sweet though. Idk...I like them both lol. The Coys are cheaper..if that matters. The GTX's are fancy though so I'd probably pick 'em.

You're NOT helping.:D

The Newstalgia's are $1332 for a set of 4 with "free" shipping. and the C67's are $700 with $100 for shipping. Which gives me a grand total of $532 of savings if I buy the C67's.

Jimmys66 said:
My Gilrfriend and daughter are both trying to talk me out of these....

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/productdetails.asp?id=2360

They both like these....http://www.coyswheel.com/coys.html the C-67's.

I'll change the grey paint in the center from grey to black or white which is the color of the car.

Opinions?

It depends on whether or not you want something a little different or not. The Coys are like the TTIIs that are very common. The Billet Specialties wheel is different. I vote for the GTX35 wheel!

I found out first hand the wives/girlfriends don't have any vision when it comes to wheels anyways :D

Well, I broke down and ordered the FastLanes today. They said 4 weeks, hoping for less. Will post pics when the get in.

On the downside, I had to cut my front studs so I could use 1" wheel adapters to get a set of 17x8 96 GT wheels to fit, so now I have to pull the rotors and get new studs pressed in. May as well paint up the calipers real nice while I'm at it since now they will be more visible :D