new Drone free Dynomax Muffler?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Anyone heard anything? Randomly went to their website and discovered it....interesting design:

muf_vt.gif

DynoMax? Performance Exhaust - a leading innovator in performance exhaust technologies - introduced the DynoMax VT? muffler, a revolutionary, high-flow straight-through stainless steel performance muffler that controls irritating drone while ensuring maximum performance.

DynoMax Valve Technology Mufflers feature an exclusive, precisely calibrated internal valve that redirects exhaust flow, during cruising conditions, to provide Drone-Free Performance?. Hammer the gas and the valve automatically adjusts for maximum exhaust flow, delivering on-demand performance and a deep, throaty drone-free sound.

VIEW VT? MUFFLER FAQ

Exclusive Dynomax? Valve Technology.
DRONE-FREE Performance?.
On-demand performance & sound.
Stainless steel construction.
Straight-through welded design.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.
90 Day Performance Guarantee.
(US Patent Pending)

Dynomax Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT Muffler

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I saw those a while back. Interesting....but I don't see them being built for longevity. A couple years into it and I could see that spring rusting out, or that valve sticking up. I guess only time will tell? :shrug:

First-hand experience here. I bought Corsa RED ..VERY well made and SS. I had to pay to play..$400 for both but guess what.. ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE. .. $180 each new! .. I would consider selling mine.

First-hand experience here. I bought Corsa RED ..VERY well made and SS. I had to pay to play..$400 for both but guess what.. ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE. .. $180 each new! .. I would consider selling mine.

No drone, but how do they sound otherwise. I've heard drone free mufflers make a Mustang sound like a pick up truck in the past. The SLP Loud Mouth 1 system springs to mind. :notnice:

Well, give me thumbs down all you want man. There's no drone. I sounds good and throaty. Mainly quiet. WOT is loud.

Why am I selling them..because the suck! no, they are awesome. I am getting rid of the car. ;)

You misunderstand. I wasn't giving you the thumbs down, I was giving the SLP LM1 system the thumbs down. I was only "hoping" that these new Dynomax mufflers weren't comparable to them in their sound quality. :)

youre selling the car?! whats the plan now?

Yea. :nonono: I have had the car 5 years now and grown tired of it. I might have gotten some use out of it if I hadn't been killing all the dam bugs and problems, you know? But as it is Nate, I never even got a chance to take it to the track! I am giving it a few days to sell and then parting it out. I am also tired of having 2 cars. I want just one. Thanks for asking.

Yea. :nonono: I have had the car 5 years now and grown tired of it. I might have gotten some use out of it if I hadn't been killing all the dam bugs and problems, you know? But as it is Nate, I never even got a chance to take it to the track! I am giving it a few days to sell and then parting it out. I am also tired of having 2 cars. I want just one. Thanks for asking.

Do you have another sports car? Sorry to hear you're getting rid of her. I would agree with parting it out...perhaps buying a cheap stock motor to sell the car. You'd have a better chance at getting your money out of it i'd think. I completely understand the frustrations....my car has been in the garage for almost 3 years now. When i finally start putting it back together it will be like starting new lol.

Good luck man, keep us updated on what happens.

Yeah, I saw those a while back. Interesting....but I don't see them being built for longevity. A couple years into it and I could see that spring rusting out, or that valve sticking up. I guess only time will tell? :shrug:

Hmm. I think that they will not rust out because the metal is not free from rust. But I agree with you that it is really interesting. :nice:

Dynomax mufflers don't last. I had 4 on my 96 Cobra in 8 years. I put 24,000 miles on that car in 8 years. Never drove it on the winter. 3 mufflers had broken baffles that would rattle in them and the other blew a hole in the bottom. I bet that spring rots out after 1 year.

Depends on the brand level. The SuperTurbos sound like crap and don't last. The UltraFlows are on par with Magnaflow mufflers. I've had my UltraFlow Dynomax mufflers for 11 years now, and they still look like new. Now FlowMaster's, that's another story. Those rust out like crazy.

Kurt