New Engine Pic....Easy Polishing Mod

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
It's been awhile since I "touched" up :rolleyes: under the hood, and Im going to The Tower Shoppes to show the car this weekend, so I this is the first thing I noticed :notnice: ( of course the pic shows it without the red coil, which was covered with grease...cleaned that up too) (notice also the crap condition of the Wazee Pulleys :notnice: )

652106EnginePolished46a.jpg

It's hard to get this area "mirror like" on the car, but you CAN shine it up really nice. (you can see the reflection of the belt)

652107EnginePolished46b.jpg

Just a couple after finished cleaning.
RC

1295990EnginePolished46.jpg

835899EnginePolished47.jpg

RC

• Sponsors (?)

urban96 said:
looks good :nice: why was it all coverd with grease?

now ya need to polish up the dist

Well you see the dist in the first pic? That's what the coil looked like...and I DID clean that up to

For the "grease" ( it's really that oily powder residue on the wires etc) I use WD40, and just wipe off...it solublizes the oil quite nicely.

For the Metal...just go over it with some more metal polishing stuff and a Dremel. I have a larger really tight wheel I use with a drill for the top of the intake and the Vortech.

I got the decal from some Online place for about $10.

Thanks Joe, Pro, Chris (the "usual" polished stuff :rlaugh: )
RC

Why you gotta make me post a pic of my motor? :p
It's so simple...just take some mineral spirits and spray it thoroughly and wipe it down real good. Mask some newspaper around it and cover the rest of the motor w/ a sheet. Primer2 light coats and then the regular procedures and you're done! :nice: You will appreciate it much more after it's dressed.

4f.jpg

94GTLaserRC said:
"try"?

Youv'e done it, or IM the guinea pig? :shrug:
You know that YOU are the one I modelled my "look" after :nice:

Anyways, when YOU gonna put some more pics up?
RC

oh just try it you might like it i have done it with some good results
i hope to have some progress pics up soon if killer can stop by and take them this weekend .the whole pile of parts i had laying around forever are on the car a good friend of mine hooked me up and put everything on the car this week . we ran into some problems nothing a couple of phone calls didn't fix though .the last of the parts should be here tomorrow to finish the job it's all stuff on the back of the car except for some new bling under the hood !!