New fox seats and cover from Ford

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Vass, NC
I'm surprised I'm first to post:

1691901988672.png

https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/ford-performance-debuts-retro-fox-body-mustang-car-cover/

Think that would look good on Grover.

New period looking seats for Ford by Recaro
Screenshot_20230813-003752_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230813-003806_YouTube.jpg

Count me in. I like the Corbeaus, but unless they're ridiculously priced, I'm ordering them in black for Black Jack.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Haven't seen any official (or even unofficial) pricing, but on another Mustang site, I saw prices bandied about for those seats of $1800 ea, $2500 ea, and $4500/pair. May just be people talking out their butt though.

I won't touch them at the high end of the spectrum. I bought these 5-pnt harness seats for my other black car and don't see the point in paying too much more:
1692044610554.png

Last edited:
Haven't seen any official (or even unofficial) pricing, but on another Mustang site, I saw prices bandied about for those seats of $1800 ea, $2500 ea, and $4500/pair. May just be people talking out their butt though.

Standard Recaro LS/LX seats are in the $2500/each range, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a $5k pair of seats. Might be some wiggle room, but I don’t see these for any less than $1500/seat and likely more. Used restored sets are going for $1500-2000+/pair.

I want a grey set or black and red if they do the color set . It all depends on price . My drivers suede is getting nasty in my 03 seats so it’s time to do something . Eventually

I do have to say they are confortable as hell and definitely put you in the correct seating location. They sit you down lower than stock (at least with the tracks I used) and offer a positive driving feel. After a few days of driving my Sn95 around, when i sat in the Fox after it felt like getting into a race car seat, but without looking like a cheap, cheesy race seat in a street car.

Is that worth $5K? I don't know, but I do feel they are seats worth their prestige.

The motorsport seats are cool, but there is a lot of restored Recaro LS/LX's hitting the market for $2k/pair that will do the same thing and offer better color combos IMHO.

Reactions: 1 user
From here,

With Recaro sliders

Nice feedback, Mike. $2.5k is a tough pill to swallow, but I'm also feeling like when they're not around anymore, I might regret not having a set. I don't think I can pay that. If they're sub-$2k, they're in play but I'm really hoping they're at your low end... I can emotionally justify that. The Corbeaus would go in storage & I'd keep the Recaros for as long as they last/forever.

I do have to say they are confortable as hell and definitely put you in the correct seating location. They sit you down lower than stock (at least with the tracks I used) and offer a positive driving feel. After a few days of driving my Sn95 around, when i sat in the Fox after it felt like getting into a race car seat, but without looking like a cheap, cheesy race seat in a street car.

Is that worth $5K? I don't know, but I do feel they are seats worth their prestige.

The motorsport seats are cool, but there is a lot of restored Recaro LS/LX's hitting the market for $2k/pair that will do the same thing and offer better color combos IMHO.

How would your seat track setup compare to a pair of stock seat tracks bolted directly to the Recaro seat?

There was an autoblog post about these seats the day they came out.
Personally, i love them. But they are surely going to be expensive and you are most likely going to have a rear matching seat problem.

It is what it is, recaros came in a bunch of high end cars, so even when on the used, ruined, refinished market, they are costly.

I've had mine for i'd guess 6-8 years (except i personally had to have netted headrests). Used with Wedge brackets.
Later i had the rears redone to match. When i bought them, they were a serious mess. $250 for the seats, $900 to have them redone, $400 worth of brackets and sliders and $600 to have the rears done to match.
Oddly enough, if you take the seats apart, 2 (that's right two) of these seats fit in a 30x30 box.

WP_20150807_19_46_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150627_17_25_03_Pro.jpg

There aren't a lot of other seats to actually compare recaros to.
Flofits work, the corbeau GTS II is ok (but i still wouldn't run those) and most others lack the styling to look right a foxbody or any other 80's car.
For me seats have to be period correct.
Personally i'm not fond of any the audi r8 style seats in a fox. Many of which are probably better support for racing, but i don't drive a race car, so...

Edit: Also my sliders are tabbed, which have a few little holes on the front and back, the wedge brackets accepted tabbed sliders and it allows you to pitch the seats forward or back. Which was helpful.
I originally bought a set of 79 pace car brackets. I even sectioned them to change the position (they are tall enough for it) and they still didn't work, not matter how i sliced it, they pitched my knees up into the steering wheel.
I'm 6'1 and i can put my seat so far back that i can barely touch the pedals.

Last edited:
There was an autoblog post about these seats the day they came out.
Personally, i love them. But they are surely going to be expensive and you are most likely going to have a rear matching seat problem.

It is what it is, recaros came in a bunch of high end cars, so even when on the used, ruined, refinished market, they are costly.

I've had mine for i'd guess 6-8 years (except i personally had to have netted headrests). Used with Wedge brackets.
Later i had the rears redone to match. When i bought them, they were a serious mess. $250 for the seats, $900 to have them redone, $400 worth of brackets and sliders and $600 to have the rears done to match.
Oddly enough, if you take the seats apart, 2 (that's right two) of these seats fit in a 30x30 box.

WP_20150807_19_46_33_Pro.jpg
WP_20150627_17_25_03_Pro.jpg

There aren't a lot of other seats to actually compare recaros to.
Flofits work, the corbeau GTS II is ok (but i still wouldn't run those) and most others lack the styling to look right a foxbody or any other 80's car.
For me seats have to be period correct.
Personally i'm not fond of any the audi r8 style seats in a fox. Many of which are probably better support for racing, but i don't drive a race car, so...

Edit: Also my sliders are tabbed, which have a few little holes on the front and back, the wedge brackets accepted tabbed sliders and it allows you to pitch the seats forward or back. Which was helpful.
I originally bought a set of 79 pace car brackets. I even sectioned them to change the position (they are tall enough for it) and they still didn't work, not matter how i sliced it, they pitched my knees up into the steering wheel.
I'm 6'1 and i can put my seat so far back that i can barely touch the pedals.
Do you find that the steering wheel is a bit too far away with the seat adjusted for the pedals?
I'm 6'1" plus a smidge.

$5000 for a set of seats? For a Foxbody? Jesus, i am getting old.. bought my last few Foxbody cars for $5k . I also looked at TMI seat covers and door panels... they have more than DOUBLED in price over since 2021.

Do you find that the steering wheel is a bit too far away with the seat adjusted for the pedals?
I'm 6'1" plus a smidge.
No, it's good. The tabs allow you to control the pitch of the seats. So by raising the back and lowering the front you can get closer to the wheel without causing the foot reach to increase. Later I swapped to a tilt column which made adjustability even better.

I guess corbeau bought wedge.
I'd like to see a Pic of the brackets, I bet there is a chance they are the same. I'm pretty sure you could have used wedge brackets for wither Recaros or corbeau years ago.

I'm 6'1" plus a smidge.
I'm 6'3-6'4. With the Recaros in Grover on seat extensions, it works just right. It has one of those MGW shifters and that actually helps get the shifter in the right spot. In Black Jack the stock seats with extensions worked well, too. Initially, I put the Tri-Ax handle on my Pro-5.0 base, but quickly broke it power shifting. So, I'm back to the Steel Pro-5.0 handle, and the reach was a bit long. Went to Corbeau GTII seats, and realized that between them adding an inch or two and the standard seat extensions that add an inch or 2, it was way too tall for me. I took the seat extensions out, and the height is better, but I am about 2" too close to the steering wheel & pedals. I think Recaros just fit better & next time, I'll go for the low-profile extensions.

No, it's good. The tabs allow you to control the pitch of the seats. So by raising the back and lowering the front you can get closer to the wheel without causing the foot reach to increase. Later I swapped to a tilt column which made adjustability even better.

I guess corbeau bought wedge.
I'd like to see a Pic of the brackets, I bet there is a chance they are the same. I'm pretty sure you could have used wedge brackets for wither Recaros or corbeau years ago.
If you're talking about the standard Corbeau seat extensions, I can do that if I can remember too next time I'm in the garage. I pulled 'em out and their on the shelf.

You can shave 1" off the bottom cushion of the Corbeau's as they offer that from Corbeau. I have this on the ones in the Coupe and they work fairly well and I am 6'-2". The Corbeaus in the Coupe are on the stock sliders/brackets with adapters I made (1/4" thick aluminum bar) and all the way back they barely clear the Griggs upper subframes so I cannot go any lower on the seat brackets. Still wish I had more head room so I am seriously considering a set of Racaros but holy hell they are expensive.