New GT500 & Unique Break In Question

sveet

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
Snow Belt!
Hello All!

I am back to the SVT world in that I bought an '08 Alloy GT500 Vert last weekend. (I had a SVT Contour a few years back and currently have an '02 GT Vert that will need to be sold).

I live in the snow and salt covered midwest, so this car won't see the light of day for about 4 months. My usual winter rountine with undriven cars is to start them every 3-4 weeks and let them fully warm up then shut them down and throw the cover back on and repeat....

Since my GT500 has not been broken in, do you think I am better off just letting it sit? I am concerned that letting it run for 15 minutes every 3-4 weeks might do more harm than good to an unbroken in engine, but I have no real basis for this thought.

Needless to say this winter is doing to really drag on... I have never driven an GT500 and now one sits in the garage and all I can do is look at it!

Thanks!

Tom

P.S. I have a 2002 GT Vert, Black, Manual, Never seen rain and 100% perfect with 8K miles. Only mods are Mach 1 chin spoiler and grill delete.

• Sponsors (?)

That is a good question. Since it is new, I would probably just leave it sit. They sit for a while before they are every sold to the public anyways so it might not hurt.

If you haven't drove yours yet...I feel for ya man!! My Dad bought a red 07 new back in May. I have put about 600 of 1,200 miles on it and WOW, what a blast. And you get everybody staring at you, pointing at you, and following you around the cruise spot.