New guy but also old needs 71 Mach help

Hi everybody, I'm a refugee from the 5.0 world of Stangnet. I sold my last one when the economy stuck it to my family and moved from Indiana to Wyoming where there is work for people who want it. Accordingly, there are older cars with frighteningly little rust. Coming from just south of Chicago, thats a new thing for me. Anyhow, in my travels out here I find an original 71 Mach 1, original red/black stripe rear window louver car, in astounding original condition, in a field:jaw:. What I know is she's been there for years, has the 70's style Kelly Charger tires and (?) spoke hubcaps, and one of those little steering wheels I haven't seen on anything in 30 years. I got the VIN off her, had a friend run it, and she isn't stolen and hasn't been titled since the 70's, and I would like to track down the owner, if there is one. The doors are unlocked and the keys in the ignition. If I had the skills I'd post the pics, but I'm better with Mustangs than computers! lol Anyhow, what the best next step toward finding out who owns her, if anybody? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You definitely need to show us some pictures!

When your friend ran the VIN, did it come up with a state it was titled in? If so, you can contact the DMV of that state to find out the last owner and what the status of the car is, how to get it titled, etc... If not, you can run the VIN with carfax and it should give you the state, but it will cost you a bit.

Lol, if I can figure out how toget these pics from my phone onto here they'll be right up! lol, I'll be calling the property owners, an oil drilling company, first chance I get, and the courthouse to chase the titled owner is next. It from here in Wyoming on the old title. I can't just leave her there!

This is what I found in the weeds out here

Attachments

• 71 Mach 1 #2.jpg
    71 Mach 1 #2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 142
:nonono:Well "Old Carl" is the not so proud owner of this sleeping giant, got her from "a guy" back in the mid 80's sometime, and why he's gonna fixeron up. Course, "Old Carl" is in his mid 60's, never built a car before and keeps his fishin boat in the garage so his original 1971 Mustang Mach 1 sits out in a field waiting.:nonono::notnice:

That doesn't surprise me at all. I can not tell you how many times I have been told that exact story. They always seem to think that even tho they havent had the time or money to fix them up in the last 30 years, somehow they are going to have the time/money someday. Oh well, it was absolutely worth the effort. :shrug: