New guy with a 95GT project

Hi my name is Ross, I joined Stangnet in 1998 and have been into Mustangs for quite a while. I have owned several 5.0's and 4.6's. My first Mustang was a Rio Red 1995 GT. It was totalled in 2001, I recently found another one just like it! I would like to share some pics of the car and the progress I have made on it. I am adding GT40 iron heads, crane 1.7rr's, a TFS stage 1 cam, a GT40 tube intake, 24lb injectors, and a fox body throttle body conversion. I will be tuning with moates quarterhorse and binary edit software. Here is my progress so far! Right now I am trying to get my vacuum lines sorted out and wire my fox tps.

Ross

P3010046.jpg

P3070064.jpg

P3070068.jpg

P3190204.jpg

P3200206.jpg

P3240215.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've been hearing more and more about the quarterhorse lately. It's way less money than the Tweecer, but I'm not sure how it compares in functionality. Please let us know how it does for you!

Nice car BTW, make sure you keep up the pics and get us a video when it's running!

Not really excited about painting them, is there anything I can use to clean them?

Ross

Well ideally you could throw 'em in a sand blaster and have 'em lookin amazing in about 15 minutes, but if you don't have access to one that obviously can't happen. I can only vouch for sand blasting personally. I'll let others chime in on what the best alternative is.

Well ideally you could throw 'em in a sand blaster and have 'em lookin amazing in about 15 minutes, but if you don't have access to one that obviously can't happen. I can only vouch for sand blasting personally. I'll let others chime in on what the best alternative is.

I want to get mine done so more info would be good.

Nice progress so far. I have those same valve covers. Have you test fitted the upper to see if it will clear with out a spacer and if not then you have hood clearance issues for the stock hood. Those covers are awesome but cause a lot of fitment issues

Awesome man! :nice: You gonna dyno that baby once she's all together? And I'd like to know more about the quarterhorse too, I've put off buying a tweecer because of the price, any alternative would be nice, especially since I'm back up to two efi mustangs again.

Just for you guys I will work on scrubbing those accessory brackets! To answer some questions:

Valve covers- they are really tall! I have a couple different size spacers to try with my intake, I am guessing it is going to take the 1 inch spacer tho. I have a cowl hood that will be going on for clearance.

Quarterhorse- I was ready to buy a tweecer r/t after reading up on them for several months. I found out about quarterhorse from the forums at eectuning.org. I have yet to install the chip in my computer. I have a macbook so I still need a pc laptop, I also need a wideband and the actual software so it will probly be a few weeks before I start tuning. From what I have read the quarterhorse should outperform the tweecer in pretty much all areas and it is cheaper. $250 for the hardware, $200 wideband, $100 software so only about $550 total.

I may get it on the dyno just for fun once its tuned.

Hoping to get the upper intake on tomorrow. I will update with pics once its on!

Ross

pull the case apart and have it blasted. Or clean it with carb cleaner and a good wire brush/ or bench grinder with fine wire wheel. After that, go to the parts store and get the aluminum engine paint. That alt will look new for years, and it'll resist any oil or other fluids staining it!

Well I went to put the upper on last night and it did not go well. Never use the crappy bolts that come with a spacer! They are made of pot metal... I was being extra careful with them but still ended up snapping the head off one while I was tightening it. Long story short I put a hairline crack in my lower trying to get it out. Luckily I have an explorer gt40p intake that I bought I while ago so I will be swapping lowers, getting new bolts, and being more careful! Hopefully have some sort of update tomorrow.

Intake clears the valve covers with a 1-inch spacer....

Ross