New here awaiting my 72 Mach 1

Fresh back into Mustangs after half a lifetime.. First car I bought as a senior in High School in 1976 was a 71 Mustang Coupe, 302. Long story on losing it just a couple years ago.. I mourned for a bit, then was watching Vice Grip Garage on YouTube (that guy is amazing), and got bitten by the bug to start the hunt. Along came a sweet deal (to me) on a 72 Mach 1, authentic Q code, with a 4 speed, and a southern car (not used to not seeing rust here in New England - LOL). Today, my tow guy starts his drive down, 1500 miles, to retrieve it for me. I anticipate I will see it by Monday at which time I will post a picture.

Funny story, when I tell my "non-vintage" friends about it, first question is "how many miles?" .. LOL... 49 years could mean a million.. The only thing mileage does, is share space with the SPEED-O-METER.. lol Anyhow, now starts the journey. Car doesn't need much, runs well, sounds FREAKING AWESOME! no dents, no ROT. Could use a paint job, front bumper and a few odds and ends..

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.
Get a thread going over in the classic forums and document the arrival, when the truck shows up out front, unloading it, and the first drive.
We are just as excited as you are, well, not really, maybe a little jealous

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Welcome on!
72 Q code huh? Thats a good one.
Don't let mileage bother you, my 65 has over 450K and probably 550k and i don't care.LOL

Today, my tow guy starts his drive down, 1500 miles, to retrieve it for me.

Would of been fun to just drive it home!