New Member But 3rd Mustang

MJ_MD_GT

Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I'm a devotee of high performance cars who resides in Maryland and recently purchased a black 2014 GT Premium Coupe with Brembo package (with a 6-speed automatic due to a long tough commute each day) to replace my high-mileage 2006 350Z convertable. This will be my 3rd Mustang, and I'm very impressed with its power, flexibility, and sophistication (particularly the Nav package and SYNC electronics). My previous 'Stangs were a burgundy red 1996 Cobra 5-speed and a white 1990 GT Coupe manual. My first car was a deep blue metallic 1964 GTO with single 4-barrel, Hurst shifter, 4 speed, headers, and Thrush straight-through mufflers (that dates me for sure); not your typical car for a female. But I could never enjoy a typical car that was associated stereotypically to the gentler gender after enjoying the my used GTO in high school and used 1969 Camaro Z-28 in college days that followed. But that was then and this now: I am interested in learning more about how to maximize performance (and MPG if possible) -- and I know that the automatic is not nearly as sharp as the manual (not to mention being forced to live with a 3:15 rear gear versus a 3:31 for manual) but so it goes. I look forward to reading nuggets of wisdom regarding the 2014 GT and other late model Mustangs!

MJ

• Sponsors (?)