New Member - Old Stang!

Hi guys! I just recently started restoring a 1972 Hard Top Coupe with my Dad. It was originally purchased new by my Grandma and Grandpap and has been in my Dad's garage since 1981. I remember riding in this car when I was little!

We decided to keep it original but the 250 I6 has been locked up for a long time. After weeks of flooding the cylinders with penetrating fluid with no success, we decided to do a swap and ordered a Ford Racing 306cid crate motor. We also got a bunch of parts to finish off the long block. I'll start a build thread later with details on the intake and carb...etc.

I'm also a member over at VMF but I'm always looking for advice and tech info so I figured I would join up here as well!

71-73 Mustangs seem to be the black sheep of the restoration crowd, but I love the body style! If you own one, add me to your friends list! I'd love to see some photos! :nice:

Here's a photo of the 72...just unburied from 30 years of junk that was piled on it!
mustang1-001.jpg

More pics here: 1972 Ford Mustang pictures, photos, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

• Sponsors (?)

That's a nice looking car! Do you still have the deep-dish trim rings for it?

My Dad doesn't remember any trim rings, but I have seen a few coupes with them. We're definitely painting the wheels body color and shining up the FOMOCO moons! I just pulled the fronts off and the stock stickers are still on the backs of the hubcaps! LOL

Car only has 30,314 original miles on it and is still sporting the original factory tires!

Not mine...but I hope ours looks like this baby when she's done! (Note the trim rings...)
gallery_2_628_20479.jpg

My Dad doesn't remember any trim rings, but I have seen a few coupes with them. We're definitely painting the wheels body color and shining up the FOMOCO moons! I just pulled the fronts off and the stock stickers are still on the backs of the hubcaps! LOL

Car only has 30,314 original miles on it and is still sporting the original factory tires!

Not mine...but I hope ours looks like this baby when she's done! (Note the trim rings...)
gallery_2_628_20479.jpg

Oh right, color-keyed wheels, no trim rings.