New Mods on the Bullitt w/ pics (IRS Content)

They were polished by the previous owner, but not that well. I needed to get the car together because it's my DD so I just hit them with some Flitz polish to clean them up a bit, and bolted them up. When have some free time, maybe over the winter, I'll take the tails off, get a case of beer, and sit in my basement and polish them up fully. They look good, but since I DD the car, they get kinda dirty easily.

I definately understand you with the daily driver part.. seems like you wash and detail anything its dirty 2-3 days later depending on where you have to drive to..

• Sponsors (?)

I definately understand you with the daily driver part.. seems like you wash and detail anything its dirty 2-3 days later depending on where you have to drive to..

Exactly. I have to drive 32 miles round trip every day to work on the highway. Now that the leaves are starting to fall, the ground gets a lot of dirt and dust floating around which makes everything get super dirty. I just need a damn garage to keep the car in, then I'd be happy and it would stay cleaner longer.

Hmmm...I am seriously considering this swap. Now I just need to find someone to trade with. Anything I should be concerned about when looking at IRS's?

Check all the bushings to make sure they aren't torn up, check the carrier for cracks and/or leaks, check to see if there is any play in the pinion flange, and check for play in the hubs. Other than that, it's a really straight forward swap. Good luck on the search!

Check all the bushings to make sure they aren't torn up, check the carrier for cracks and/or leaks, check to see if there is any play in the pinion flange, and check for play in the hubs. Other than that, it's a really straight forward swap. Good luck on the search!

Thanks! Any issues with my SFC's that I already have installed when swapping to an IRS? Are SRA and IRS trades usually straight up considering both setups are mostly stock? I was gonna go for the full Maximum Motorsport rear susp. route but like you, I want a smooth corner carving mustang.

Thanks! Any issues with my SFC's that I already have installed when swapping to an IRS? Are SRA and IRS trades usually straight up considering both setups are mostly stock? I was gonna go for the full Maximum Motorsport rear susp. route but like you, I want a smooth corner carving mustang.

I don't think you'll run into any issues with your SFC's. The Bullitt comes with them from the factory and they weren't even close to being in the way of the IRS.

As for straight trade or not, I think most people will end up paying a few hundo on top of their SRA for an IRS, but I guess I got lucky and the guy wasn't asking anything on top. The guy I was going to trade with before this guy wanted $200 on top. Again, all depends on the mileage, parts, condition, etc.