New motor install- questions

mustangmarks

Dec 14, 2004
Alright I have a DSS block with 10:1 pistons, p/p stock heads, sn supercharger (8lbs), B cam and a eldelbrock performer rpm up/low w/70mm TB, 75 mm MAF for 36lb injects everything else is pretty much stock. Now here's the problem when cruising the bucks as if you were in first gear and let off and got on the gas but its in all gears. The only time it does not do this is when I'm on it. I think my timing is set to 10 and the fuel presure is close to 50. My IAC, MAF, and o2 sensors are NEW also when cold the car dosn't idel for $hit I have to drive the car for a couple of minutes for it to Idel and was told thats how its gonna be. Any truth? Help would be appriciated cause i'd like to get this stuff squared away by spring. Sorry for the long post but I should mention this its a sped density harness with 4 MAF wires installed and 9al computer. I read a post on here that pins had to moved to different locations but my directions from JEGS did not mention this and any other wiring was for 85-87 cars (mines an 88). Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

check the voltage on the TPS sensor - jrichker posted in my thread of the voltage it should be, i think 0.98 w/ the car warm and shut off - and turn that fuel pressure down to like 45 - 46 and see if you still have the problem - mine is bucking less and less as i replace parts and set ****, try timing that thing around 14* TDC

Thanks Pual I knew about the timming and FP but I will check the TPS, also I noticed a smell of plastis in the car so I poped the hood and saw my bypass valve melted to my headers so that could of bee causing issues too. I have a Bostch bypass valve and need to find one that dosnt hang so damm close to my headers or an angled piece that puts it away from the long tubes. Does anyone have any sugestion on which one would work on a SN-92. Iknow its old and probly dosnt need one but I like the sound.