New Mustang

GoodFord

Feb 24, 2006
Took my new 03 v6 5 speed out and had quick race/chase through traffic with 3 Mustangs. One was a modded vert and the others had one thing or another. Neighbor girl wants a ride. cool car. future mods: the club, radio door key. Called a local muffler shop and they want $400 for catbacks (flowmaster or magnaflow), need to decide if its worth the added attention (from the law).

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey thanks good forum, :nice:

In a bizarre sort of way I think that the stock exhaust is a higher performance way to go over duals. I will be able to haul more ass without getting snared (i hope) with the lower profile sounds. Its like the same 5speed vs auto trade off- the 5 speed is more economical,BUT usually induces one to drive sportier.

This is my 4th Ford but first Mustang. Is theft a bigger problem and if so is the club a good deterent.

Is that small creeking in my throttle pedal need some grease or is that the pedal slack mentioned in the other post?

nice mustang man, and coming from a guy that has had a dual exhaust and it ended up causing two header leaks and an extremem loss in torque- i would go with the stock exhaust- unless you go all out and spend 800+ on bassani or borla it won't sound grand or give you power- but thats just my opinion--- i like that blue

I love my dual Flowmasters... I don't think the cops will even notice. It's fast & reckless driving that gets their attention, not dual exhaust. It doesn't provide a huge power boost, but it looks & sounds better. In my case, it has certainly never caused any problems, & my 0-60 times went down a little. Also fuel economy improved slightly.

yeah, they won't grab the cops attention that bad- mine were as loud as at least half of the harley's etc. in my town and i never got in trouble while i had them on- the trouble started after i put the stock back on and learned to love how the engine really sounds

Thats really good to know. Thing is I have this allusion in my mind that it will gurgle like my buddies '78 TA did. I had a 77 celica and put a header and good exhaust and it was way too quite. Didn't sound good at all. I ran it with an open header for a while. That was louder than loud. I should find one and listen too it.

Went to the lake to do my R/C and there were three of us and all drove stangs. 05 GT 99 GT 03 v6.

>>>>>>>overextended venturing noob here goin for a club got a red blinking light inside, cant really be seen through the tints. not an alarm anyhow. How about a hidden kill switch? Mess things up.

I would never use the club, I have a Python alarm installed on the 93 and its great, loud and annoying.

The 95 has the factory crap but I will get an alarm and remote starter for it later on.

Kill Switch, great idea, put it under the dash by the fuse box, Keyed if possible.