NEW PICS ~ lowered more, Steeda C/C's, Fox KYB Struts, and UPR Rad cover

I figured I would post up some pics of how my stang is lookin currently. I just lowered the front more by cutting a half coil off my front Pro-Kits, I also bolted up a pair of Fox KYB struts and Steeda C/C Plates. Also, I got a good deal on a UPR polished radiator cover at FFW Norwalk.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

And if anyone is wondering, I lost no ride quality from cutting the front springs, most likely because I didn't cut much off. It handles great with the new front struts (I had one that wasnt great, and one that was completely blown before).

Let me know what you think! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

clang5oh said:
do you have stainless svo letters. if so where did you get them? that car has always been one of my favs here at stangnet.

Thanks! 69clark custom made the inserts for me, he still has the patterns saved on his computer and can make more if anyone wants a set. He can do them in any color plus brushed aluminum, chrome (like mine), and carbon fiber.

Shoot him a PM about them. They look great on mine:nice: , I had silver ones I made by hand and the quality and looks of these chrome ones makes my old ones look like junk

The Green GT said:
Well then I guess Ill have to fine some used ones. But I could have sworn I saw them somewhere.

You can still get them that are smooth without the SVO letters, from Classic Design Concepts. But yes, the SVO ones are hard to come by these days. I think nacho bought a pair at a swap meet a while ago...which is probably your best bet, or classifieds.

Edit: Found somethin for you on classifieds:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=811763

That looks absolutely excellent.

My take was that the Pro-kit was on the border for needing CC plates as it was. Did you get the plates just for the additional cutting?

HISSIN50 said:
That looks absolutely excellent.

My take was that the Pro-kit was on the border for needing CC plates as it was. Did you get the plates just for the additional cutting?

yea the alignment was fine with stock c/c's before. But since I was dropping it lower than the stock plates could compensate for, I picked up the steedas. It was a two-fold project, I originally was gonna just swap in new struts, then decided I wanted to get it to sit prefect (I was never happy with how the front sat on the pro-kit), so I did a little trimming and got the plates.

95riosnake said:
yea the alignment was fine with stock c/c's before. But since I was dropping it lower than the stock plates could compensate for, I picked up the steedas. It was a two-fold project, I originally was gonna just swap in new struts, then decided I wanted to get it to sit prefect (I was never happy with how the front sat on the pro-kit), so I did a little trimming and got the plates.
Thank you for the reply. :nice: I also have the Prokit and wish it sat lower. I just dont want to deal with the CC plates and an alignment (aint in the budget) or I'd hack a little bit off the springs too.

I just got some Mach 1 springs for the fox vert and think I will be doing a little hacking on those (C's are too low for my taste, but Mach 1's are too high. There's about 3/4" difference or so and I want it right inbetween).

Anyhoo, it's an absolutely beautiful ride (I've thought so for some time. The side exhaust and inlays that Tom did are awesome). :nice:

95riosnake said:
You can still get them that are smooth without the SVO letters, from Classic Design Concepts. But yes, the SVO ones are hard to come by these days. I think nacho bought a pair at a swap meet a while ago...which is probably your best bet, or classifieds.

Edit: Found somethin for you on classifieds:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=811763
Ok, thats good, I was going to fill the letters in anyway. :nice:

Edit:I dont see them on CDC, All I need are the skirts and the tips.