NEW PICS ~ lowered more, Steeda C/C's, Fox KYB Struts, and UPR Rad cover

• Sponsors (?)

The Green GT said:
Ok, thats good, I was going to fill the letters in anyway. :nice:

Edit:I dont see them on CDC, All I need are the skirts and the tips.

I don't know why they aren't showing the 94-98 kit on there...wierd. Anyway, Cervini's sells them too. This link has the whole exhaust kit for sale toward the bottom of the page, but I would call Cervini's to see about buying the skirts only. I priced the oval style tips that match the shape of the hole a while ago (from either CDC or Cervini's, can't remember) and they were $120 each! I haven't seen the tips that I have for sale anywhere, so I dunno what to tell you about the tips.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1127

rio.... how do you keep your engine bay looking so clean? As far as washing/cleaning it, is it something you do everytime you wash the car? And what do you use/procedures.... :hail2:

Sorry to ask so many questions, but am very curious...

Looks awesome. How is your ground clearance with the side skirts. I have had a set of abcexclusive skirts for probably 2 years and have never put them on. Didn't know if after my coil over install, since it will sit about how low yours is, if you have any clearance issues. How about turning radius.

Jeremy

94GTPilot said:
rio.... how do you keep your engine bay looking so clean? As far as washing/cleaning it, is it something you do everytime you wash the car? And what do you use/procedures.... :hail2:

Sorry to ask so many questions, but am very curious...

Yes, it's an every time I wash the car type thing. Mainly just some all purpose cleaner, some wheel cleaner for the tough spots, a tooth brush for the textured surfaces, and Armor All or Black Magic protectant (I like Black Magic better). Also, every painted surface gets some wax, and the polished/metallic surfaces get some Mother's Mag & Alum Polish. The main thing is staying on top of it so it only takes about 15-20 minutes each time to keep it super clean, rather than 3-4 hours once a year or so.

DARK-5.0 said:
Looks awesome. How is your ground clearance with the side skirts. I have had a set of abcexclusive skirts for probably 2 years and have never put them on. Didn't know if after my coil over install, since it will sit about how low yours is, if you have any clearance issues. How about turning radius.

Jeremy

The side skirts are pretty low...my shop light does not fit under them. The exhaust and side skirts have 2.5" of ground clearance...kinda low but I've gotten used to it. If your car is any lower than mine it would be tough to drive anywhere with steep approach angles or speed bumps (I HATE those mother f'ers!)

I have rubbed the inner fenders a couple times up front when I hit a big bump, but other than that, the wheels/tires do not rub even at full lock.

Here's a few pictures to illustrate how low the side skirts and exhaust sit to the ground, with the light and a tape measure for scale:

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Dan, I just test fitted my STB and it doesn't fit around the BBK SSI intake. Looks like I am going to have to fab one up to. I think your going to be my inspiration and my contact you for some ideas on materials. I loved the way yours turned out.

69clark said:
Dan, I just test fitted my STB and it doesn't fit around the BBK SSI intake. Looks like I am going to have to fab one up to. I think your going to be my inspiration and my contact you for some ideas on materials. I loved the way yours turned out.

Thanks, and I'd be glad to help. I got all the materials from McMasterCarr's website. I can point you in the right direction for the tubing wall thickness and specs, etc...

Keep in mind you dont have to start from scratch, you could cut out the section that doesn't clear, then make your new tubing to fit around the intake, then weld it all back together. That would save the hassle of fabbing the brackets up, which was by far the biggest PITA of the project (getting the holes to line up correctly :bang: ). But anyways, let me know what you are trying to accomplish, and I'll do my best :nice:

Thanks! I thought about cutting mine up and going that route too, but I am also trying to think up something way different then anyone else has and that will make jaws drop. Not sure what will come to mind but something unique. Or I may just forget it and do the simple route, I will keep you posted.

69clark said:
Thanks! I thought about cutting mine up and going that route too, but I am also trying to think up something way different then anyone else has and that will make jaws drop. Not sure what will come to mind but something unique. Or I may just forget it and do the simple route, I will keep you posted.

Here are a couple interesting ideas I have seen:

http://www.evolutionmsport.com/evmC...s_id=6&zenid=86ddbb8cf4eba992509b8b4a74ba8c21

http://www.dynojoe.com/content.php?id=101