New Pics Of my COMPLETE Modded 40th Anniversary GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the poser Cobra. I do like the Cobra nose and shaker hood though! My 98 GT has a Cobra nose and hood, but the rear bumper says Mustang GT. I'm happy with that since that's what it is. I just bought the car so I cannot be blamed but I actually like the look.:nono: But yea, if you choose to put Cobra stuff on it, you gotta leave the regular GT rear bumper and GT emblems. Nice color!:nice:

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Not a fan of the poser Cobra. I do like the Cobra nose and shaker hood though! My 98 GT has a Cobra nose and hood, but the rear bumper says Mustang GT. I'm happy with that since that's what it is. I just bought the car so I cannot be blamed but I actually like the look.:nono: But yea, if you choose to put Cobra stuff on it, you gotta leave the regular GT rear bumper and GT emblems. Nice color!:nice:

Mike

BY putting a COBRA front bumper or any time of body parts it already makes it a "FAKE".. I like to be **Different** All my parts are OEM and I'm NOT going to shave the rear bumper and leave it stupid and plain. If they where to make one that said "mustang" on it i would by it.. My whole CAR is shaved no emblems all i Have is the rear.. NEVER said it was a COBRA hints 40th GT..

So wait...you have two different sets of wheels mounted on the car? WTF? I thought you just switched them out from time to time.

I guess it could help when running from the police. haha. They'd be like "wait...the car I was chasing had black wheels"

My take on your car...and its all just my opinion....

Cobra front looks good with the mach 1 shaker, cobra skirts. Rear bumper - I would have the 'cobra' lettering filled in and painted unless it really is a cobra.

Never liked the chin spoiler so yea...

Im not diggin the wing. I would go wingless.

Paint - Not really diggin that either but it is different.

Rear wheels - stick out too far!

Everything else looks good tho.

Curious about the motor....I demand pics!

:lol: Like I said I will post pics SOON!!!

The car is very different and overall really impressive. I especially like the paint with the black roof. The only thing I don't like is the Cobra rear bumper. It takes away from everything unique about this car IMO.

I only have one question: As asked above, how does it ride with such a low clearance over the back tires? Short of adjustable shocks on their firmest setting, this has to rub the tires, no?

My car is rarely driven.:nonono: I have full suspension witch i will post a thread later when i clean it and take some nice pics.. yea it rubs a little but no biggy

People bitching about somebody putting cobra stuff on a GT is getting old. I fully plan on putting cobra mirrors, sideskirts, and a shaved rear bumper on mine. Am I doing it because I'm trying to make my car look like a cobra? Nope. I'm doing it because it looks better than the GT stuff and I'm not going to put a Xenon body kit on my car.

People bitching about somebody putting cobra stuff on a GT is getting old. I fully plan on putting cobra mirrors, sideskirts, and a shaved rear bumper on mine. Am I doing it because I'm trying to make my car look like a cobra? Nope. I'm doing it because it looks better than the GT stuff and I'm not going to put a Xenon body kit on my car.

I am one of those complainers and I don't see a problem with what you're doing. My rule is as long as it doesn't say Cobra anywhere or show any snakes, I'm happy.

I really want some Cobra mirrors but damn are they pricey.

I'm not talking about people just saying "cobra badges on a GT? C'mon man". I'm talking about the people who decide to lecture the car owner on if he would have just saved up he could have a cobra instead of being a poser and this and that.

It's a good looking car. The two different pairs of wheels is not my taste but if you like it go for it.

The rear is no different then guys running other cobra body parts on their cars. Just because it says cobra doesn't make him a "poser". The 94-98 or 99-04 cars with the front cobra bumper then would also. It is such a vast change you know the difference. Fox body cars that run the cobra rear bumper and wing would be also. As long as you don't badge it as a cobra it isn't a big deal.

It's a good looking car. The two different pairs of wheels is not my taste but if you like it go for it.

The rear is no different then guys running other cobra body parts on their cars. Just because it says cobra doesn't make him a "poser". The 94-98 or 99-04 cars with the front cobra bumper then would also. It is such a vast change you know the difference. Fox body cars that run the cobra rear bumper and wing would be also. As long as you don't badge it as a cobra it isn't a big deal.

It may be a vast change but when you consider someone who know's nothing about Mustangs, they wouldn't be able to tell. But when some dumb@ss in a GT gets smoked by a ricer, they run around saying omg I beat this Cobra last night!

Mustang owners might know the difference but to the average joe, unless it says Cobra or has snake badges, they likely don't know the difference. I've just never been one to make my car into something it isn't.

I've had people swear my car was a V6 because it doesn't have GT badges on the front fenders.

It may be a vast change but when you consider someone who know's nothing about Mustangs, they wouldn't be able to tell. But when some dumb@ss in a GT gets smoked by a ricer, they run around saying omg I beat this Cobra last night!

Mustang owners might know the difference but to the average joe, unless it says Cobra or has snake badges, they likely don't know the difference. I've just never been one to make my car into something it isn't.

I've had people swear my car was a V6 because it doesn't have GT badges on the front fenders.

Had a guy look directly at the motor once and say it was a 6 banger. The general public is retarded. Let them think what they want. The only people that care are mustang people, and if they can't tell the difference between a car that has multiple body part changes on it then bad for them also.

I myself had a cowl hood on my car at one point. Got sick of the non-stock look. I personally like bone stock looking cars that can perform, but not everyone is like that. The OP's car is done tastefully and doesn't look like someone hacked it all together. I just don't see how someone can anybody can say one thing is okay, but something else is not. Kinda hypocritical to me.

I disagree.

No other part on a genuine Cobra is marked "Cobra" other than the rear bumper. Unless I'm mistaken, nothing on the hood, side skirts, front bumper, mirrors, or rear spoiler have anything identifying them as a Cobra part.

Only the bumper does, and the badges if you want to go that far.

To the bystander, no one would know the difference, but to the general community, it's a sin. Most won't care if there's a "Cobra" part on the non-cobra car, as long as the emblems and rear bumper don't reflect that.

That's just the vibe I've gotten through the years I've been here.

I absolutely disagree. V6 mustangs and GT's share the same front bumper and hood along with every other body panel. Hell, even the 99/01 Cobra's share the same hoods as the 03-04 V6's. The significant difference, obviously, is that none of these parts say "GT" or "Cobra" on them. When you have something on your car that blatantly advertises it as being something it is not such as giant shiny letters saying COBRA or snake emblems on the side of the car......that is an obvious statement that you're trying to fool people into thinking your car is something it's not. If you have enough money to purchase and paint an 03/04 cobra rear bumper then you surely have enough money to have the "COBRA" filled in.

I mean c'mon, people don't put cobra badges (or the like) on their cars because it adds aesthetic value. They do it to trick people.

Status
Not open for further replies.