new progress with the stang.....almost done again.....

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
its been a while since she has been touched. for those of you that dont know, i was plagued with an oil leak that i couldnt get rid of. i tore her down to return her to stock and sell her, but joe traded heads with me and talked me into trying one last time. if all goes as planned, she will be running this week.....

headersout.jpg

headersout1.jpg

heads1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

gt40x. im not sure about the specifics because joe got them bare and had them assembled. i believe the valves are 1.94, 1.54, but im not completely sure. the twisted wedge heads i had were ported waaaaaay too much to be put on a n/a 302. my car didnt start pulling until about 3k with them. these heads should be much better suited for my combo. if i can come close to 300whp after all is said and done, ill be happy.

Lab Rat said:
YIKES! Dude, you got a bunch of parts on your front seat and a Heinekin bottle on your battery. And your top end is off, too.
Good luck man. Actually looks like fun!

Matt
Thats the way them southern florida guys do it... Junk inside the car, important things sitting at or around the engine for easy access.

Lab Rat said:
YIKES! Dude, you got a bunch of parts on your front seat and a Heinekin bottle on your battery. And your top end is off, too.
Good luck man. Actually looks like fun!

Matt
everything i took out of the engine compartment went right into the drivers side of the car. my garage is enough of a disaster as it is. i didnt want to let parts get scattered if i didnt get right back to putting the car together again. the mess was far worse when i did my auto to manual conversion. all im waiting on now is the afm valve covers and the new caps for my injectors. hopefully its all here by thursday so joe and i can start it up instead of just adjusting the rockers and bolting the lower intake on. ;)