Roush New Saleen Owner (2000 s281) Questions

00s281ksu

Jan 27, 2006
I just bought a 2000 s281 #728 (finaly got one after having half a$$ed replicas all my life.) So far, I have been researching all the modifications that saleen did to the s281. ( I just like to know what exactly is done to my car). Here is what I have figured out so far, If you can help it would be appreciated.

Here is what I know, or think I know it has from saleen stock:

saleen underdrive pulleys
exhuast (is it borla or something made for saleen)
saleen flashed computer
racecraft suspension (springs and shocks)

I would like to know the complete list of upgrades or where to find them, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, and welcome! Noticed the "KSU" in your name... Are you a Kansan as well?

Anyway, the best place for beginning Saleen research is The Saleen Book. Lots of great info by year, as well as a registry listed each car made - including yours, which was a coupe produced with a 3.55 rear gear, mats, and an automatic. :D

What color? Pictures???

I am a fellow Kansan, and live in Olathe. Thanks for the info, I had been seeing some posts about the Saleen book. I will have to pick that up, sounds like that has all the info I am looking for.
The car is silver in color. I will have to take some pictures and get them up. The car is an automatic, I really wasn't so sure about having an auto saleen. But I am pleasantly suprised with it, plus I do alot of driving. Thanks again for the info.

Congrats on the purchase. I actually bought my Saleen from a dealer in Olathe.

I'm about 10 miles straight north of you - just off K7 & I-70 (between Bonner Springs & Basehor). I have the Saleen book if you'd like to just look over a copy before you buy it.

BTW, check out www.kc-mustangs.com - there's a couple other local Saleen owners on there as well. :nice:

gonen20 said:
I find it funny that I'm a Californian, who Purchased a Saleen From Olathe, Kansas last month! Lovin the car more and more every day!
I actually looked long & hard at the car (00-68) you bought. Even test drove it a couple times. Interesting car with lots of options & unique color - I'm sure it's a "1 of 1 built". Bought my car from that same dealer. :nice:

BobV said:
I actually looked long & hard at the car (00-68) you bought. Even test drove it a couple times. Interesting car with lots of options & unique color - I'm sure it's a "1 of 1 built". Bought my car from that same dealer. :nice:

Yup, Todd's 2000 Gold vert is 1 of a kind. Not to many were made in that color, then add basically ever factory option from Saleen including an autotrans = rare.

Car runs pretty strong as well. Got on oppurtunity to "trade" speedsters for a few miles. I wonder if he liked driving my convertible :shrug: :D

BobV said:
Yep, neat car. I just could never decide about the paint color - I favor whites & blues :shrug: . Here's my original post about it from August, even includes a picture! :D

I can't say you made a bad choice since you went with the "correct" color for a Saleen but Todd stole that car. I'm not a liberty to say what the cost was out the door but not even close to the neighborhood of the asking price. To be honest, that color looks amazing in person. The chrome wheels make it sparkle that much more and you can't beat the options that the car came with. In fact, Todd just picked up a tonneau cover for it. Just like the car, he stole the tonneau too.......

I do remember that thread, sure was a long time ago.....

00s281ksu , sorry for the theard hijack, congrats on the purchase of #728. Get some picture up so we can all :drool: over it

Driving Robert's S351 Speedster was the *hit :D eventhough I drove it like an old Grandma:rlaugh: , but thats ok because right after me driving the Beast, Robert showed me what 10 pounds of Boost looks and feels like in a car that drives like the Space Shuttle taking off! The S351's are awesome!:hail2: Hey, His car is white like the Shuttle also what do you know! Anyways it was an honor and a Major thrill, definately a great way to start my year! Someday, One will be mine, all mine!:)

just readin and i came across all the ks saleens i live off 24 40 in between lawrence and kc and i bought my saleen from olathe too i dont think ive seen any of ur cars i try to get mine out there and to the guy with the 351 i love that car

Hey 97-13!
I actually test drove YOUR car as well - RUNS really nice! ;)
It was at the same dealer (ALL American) that gonen20's 00-68 and my 00-493 came from.:nice: They had a nice black Stage 3 Roush there as well - I just refuse to ever own another black car!
I'm actually 5 miles east of you - off 158th & 24-40.