New Steeda Carbon Fiber CAI

01mgvert

Jan 12, 2004
I just installed the Steeda carbon fiber CAI, which includes their GT high-flow air kit and their new carbon fiber inlet pipe. This intake system replaces my C & L TrueFlow inlet pipe, K & N filter, stock air box, and shortened air silencer. There was a noticable improvement in acceleration. The car seems quicker and more responsive. I'm guessing that I probably gained 10 rwhp over the previous system. I attribute the SOTP gains to three factors. First, the Steeda air filter is twice as big as the stock-size K & N filter. Second, the carbon fiber inlet pipe is straight, unlike the C & L pipe that has bends in it. Third, while the C & L pipe is metal, the Steeda pipe is carbon fiber (plastic-like material) that stays cooler.

• Sponsors (?)

i replaced my old mac with the steeda cai. i will say that i noticed that the car reved better and runs a bit smoother, possably picked up like a hp or 2 but thats about it. then again this was over a different type of cai then you had.

CaliLifeStyle said:
Is it better than the K&N FIPK2? Because I might just have to save up $400. Also is the install easy, as in no drilling? And is the Steeda air filter reusable like the K&N?

Install took about 30 minutes. There was no drilling. It was a tight fit though. The Steeda air filter is reusable. I'm not sure how it compares to the K&N FIPK2. I only know that I gained some power, probably comparable to the power I gained from the Accufab 75 mm tb & plenum.

00s281sc368 said:
As they all say, it makes almost no HP difference on a stock engine, even at that amazing cost!

The difference was noticable by the SOTP. I plan to have the car dyno tuned again since I've added not only the Steeda CAI and inlet pipe but Magnaflow catbacks. (I might be running a little lean). Supposedly none of these mods improve power by much. I think that the dyno will show otherwise. Before these mods, I was at 249 rwhp. I'm guessing that I'm now around 260-265 rwhp. I'll let you guys know.

...10 rwhp or not, Im not payin no 400 bucks for an intake. Cams are only 500 bucks and they give you a PROVEN 20 rwhp...man, thats just rediculous. They do it because they know we will pay it...

the carbon fiber alone is worth 10hp! Post some pictures, I was looking at the 'carbon fibre' Volante intake before I bought the JLT, which is actually sitting in my back seat right now until I get home to install it. Thanks Jay :nice:

madmatt said:
...10 rwhp or not, Im not payin no 400 bucks for an intake. Cams are only 500 bucks and they give you a PROVEN 20 rwhp...man, thats just rediculous. They do it because they know we will pay it...

$500 will buy you the cams. You still need the tools for installation. You also better have some time and knowledge. If you don't have tools, time, and knowledge, then you will be paying someone else for installation. Add another $500. Also, if you plan to install cams, you might as well have the heads polished & ported, as well as install new valves and springs. You are probably looking at another $500-650. There are no cheap mods for the 4.6. Most bolt-on mods are going to cost $40 @ 1 rwhp.

FallenPhoenix said:
the carbon fiber alone is worth 10hp! Post some pictures, I was looking at the 'carbon fibre' Volante intake before I bought the JLT, which is actually sitting in my back seat right now until I get home to install it. Thanks Jay :nice:
You got it man!
$150 (JLT)for bling and power or $400 :shrug: